Ducking and diving : using a Citigo in the city

Didescharlie

My typical Saturday morning consists taking the grandson to his football training. Now all the other parents are turning up in cars like 4x4, big BMWs or what I call mum buses. They have an hell of a job maneuvering and parking them, the car park is so small with narrow lining and takes some of the drivers three or four attempts back and fourth to get in, I'm sure I would struggle too in a larger car.

So this is where the Citigo comes into it's own and also down the narrow lanes near to where I live. I often find because I am driving a small car other drivers expect me to give way and drive onto the grass verge, no way I say I stick to the road it's wide enough for two small cars to pass, stuff em. Yes it's very nippy and parkable (if that's a word) I love it. 

Its also fun out of the city.

I live in the lake district and its fun to drive around the mountain passes. The speed is not an issue as you throw it into a corner and it just wants more. Fantastic car :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Its not the nipiest small car, but the extras it brings outweigh it.

It is great at cutting between lanes, getting a gap that others can't make ( but some of them should try a bit harder!)

impossible tight cornering speeds

all for £20 tax a year, and £70 insurance....

• Like 1

Perfect city car for me

Nippy enough to zip out at junctions, great to park and cheap to run

As for its motorway capability, I was astounded at how comfortable it is cruising at 70mph

• Like 2

As for its motorway capability, I was astounded at how comfortable it is cruising at 70mph

you can stuck another 10 on that and it still comfortable and not pushing it

• Like 1

Its not the nipiest small car, but the extras it brings outweigh it.

It is great at cutting between lanes, getting a gap that others can't make ( but some of them should try a bit harder!)

impossible tight cornering speeds

all for £20 tax a year, and £70 insurance....

£70 insurance, tell us more, pretty please.

my age, adding the wife brings it down, full no claims and used a cashback site.

How old are you Stooz, if you don't mind me asking? My insurance is only £130 all-in, although adding the wife only makes mine go up, and she's got full no-claims etc etc, but I ain't complaining. I laughed when Skoda quoted me over £400 after the driveaway had ran out!

The wrong side of 40 :blush:  but  I also live in a tiny town, eg good postcode etc. the cashback site was the key factor - £50 off, so more like your quote.

I would post a link but I can't fin d the deal anymore - insurance quote deals always change. Im with churchill if that helps? didnt come up on the typical comparison site.