Handbrake light flashing on and off and bleeping three times? Anytime help with this?!

Ermm might be worth a mention. Most common cause of lowbrake fluid is low front lpads. Check your pads before you top up brake fluid. Becauee if you fill your brake fluid up then decide your pads are low. You will change pads and as you press the pistons back in cause a nice overflow of brake fluid causing a nice mess :)

Ermm might be worth a mention. Most common cause of lowbrake fluid is low front lpads. Check your pads before you top up brake fluid. Becauee if you fill your brake fluid up then decide your pads are low. You will change pads and as you press the pistons back in cause a nice overflow of brake fluid causing a nice mess :)

Without being nasty, that comment sounds like it should only apply to a car that is not getting regular maintenance, if you replace the brake fluid every two years, I'd never expect to end up with low fluid level due to worn pads.

The comment about rear calliper seals might also be extended to failed aluminium seals on the ends of the fluid flexi pipes. I've never had that, but others have. The road salt "eats" these aluminium seals, maybe that is why copper used to be used in the past!

Without being nasty, that comment sounds like it should only apply to a car that is not getting regular maintenance, if you replace the brake fluid every two years, I'd never expect to end up with low fluid level due to worn pads.

The comment about rear calliper seals might also be extended to failed aluminium seals on the ends of the fluid flexi pipes. I've never had that, but others have. The road salt "eats" these aluminium seals, maybe that is why copper used to be used in the past!

brake pads wear at different rates depending on make. Driver style . Millage.

And I think allot of cars dont get there brake fluids changed every two years. And as he was asking the question I would thought I would state the cheapest easiest answer first.

I need more grammar. And and and lol :)

Forgot to say. Pads can be checked without getting on your back. Amd as its cold and wet outside. Its nicer to have a glance at the pads before you even get under the car

Edit

I had this problem a couple of months back and front pads were low. Since I changed. Back too spot on :)

Edited by fletch101

If they look like that. You've found your problem.

And there was me thinking that it looked like you had used spray on grease on the end of the cable!

• 3 months later...