Boot Lip Depth

Hi.

Does the superb estate have a deep boot lip like the octavia or is it fairly flat. I know this can be sorted in the octavia with a variable boot floor - just wondered if I would have to do the same with a superb.

thanks. :)

only flat with the variable boot floor.

However the cross member behind the rear seats and the lip in the plastic moulding at the extreme rear make excellent supports for a single piece of ply. 

Cut correctly (photos available) you end up with a flat loading area, space underneath to store infrequent needed items (like the rail partition dividers and nets) and its fast enough to remove if not needed.

Cheaper than the £600 of parts requires to add the raised boot floor and is better for tradesmen as the rails are then covered so do not fill up with screws etc.

• Like 2

only flat with the variable boot floor.

However the cross member behind the rear seats and the lip in the plastic moulding at the extreme rear make excellent supports for a single piece of ply. 

Cut correctly (photos available) you end up with a flat loading area, space underneath to store infrequent needed items (like the rail partition dividers and nets) and its fast enough to remove if not needed.

Cheaper than the £600 of parts requires to add the raised boot floor and is better for tradesmen as the rails are then covered so do not fill up with screws etc.

How can I get the Photos you mention?, wouldn't mind doing this, I used to store my fishing trolley in the under floor storage in my Insignia and miss not having the space but really didn't think the dual height floor was worth the cost on my Elegance.

Craig

ok.

The most important pics with some dimensions shown.

This one shows the shape to cut at the boot door end. 1049 and 1068 from the seat end

post-94219-0-81059500-1390946655_thumb.jpg

overall depth of the wood not shown on this pic.

the nest pic shows the shape to cut where the rear narrower boot transforms to the wider front section.

I notice one dimension missing here too (may have to take some measurements for you)

post-94219-0-15801000-1390946823_thumb.jpg

The following picture is the shape to cut at both corners where the wood touches the rear seats, this pic gives away the transition measurement missing from above (2cm)

clearly the wood is at maximum width in this shot (max width to be identified later)

Again I see a vital third measurement missing but may be on a later pic or I can measure. 

post-94219-0-00716900-1390947159_thumb.jpg

And here is that shape cut and sat (rear seats folded down,

post-94219-0-10401500-1390947580_thumb.jpg

This next pic shows the boot door corner initial shape and in place but is a bit tight. A later pic shows another little shape added to prevent squeaking or rubbing in use.

post-94219-0-79861800-1390947929_thumb.jpg

Here is the final cut in place (shame about the sun.

post-94219-0-45838500-1390948086_thumb.jpg

Here the final pic shows the addition of nail in felt furniture feet and a 1cm tall piece of stripwood on the rear seat end which brought the whole floor up to the boot loading height and I thought would also prevent any squeeking of wood on plastic.

In addition (but not necessary) I have added two hinged battons that drop down as the wood is lifted to enable access to the space below without holding it up. 

these feet when hinged up are held in place by two neodymium magnets,

Lifting the wood in this manner does however cause it to slip off the carpeted lip behind the rear seats so to prevent this and to make inserting the floor faster and easier I have added those two shaped pieces that are held on to the boot carpet with Velcro stickers. The slope lets the floor slide up and sit on the raised lip.

These two pieces are roughly one third in from the sides.

So I think we are still missing the overall depth of wood needed and also the arc shape at the boot door end.

you can see the arc on this following picture but I do not see the dimension marked.

If anyone wants more dimensions I will measure next none rainy day and post.

post-94219-0-45838500-1390948086_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How can I get the Photos you mention?, wouldn't mind doing this, I used to store my fishing trolley in the under floor storage in my Insignia and miss not having the space but really didn't think the dual height floor was worth the cost on my Elegance.

Craig

The space under the false floor is no way deep enough to do what you suggest (unless you removed the stuff in the wheel well?