black grill

when I got my mk3 I wanted the silver roof rails which I got but wanted the black grill but with white wing mirrors ,,,odd yes! but that's how I wanted it so finally got my black grill fitted today and I must say it looks a lot better than the chrome effect one,,,,took them about 20 mins to fit and was washed and vacuumed........marvalous as its not been washed for about a month

• Like 1

Was this supplied by the dealer or OEM part GD? In the accessories brochure you can opt for black wing mirrors but not grille. Then there's the Black Pack. I had my MK2 grille sprayed by the dealer and it is a complete disaster as the chrome effect wasn't stripped off first :(

just rang the dealer up  and asked if they could get just the black grill from the black pack and they said yes it would be here in about 2 days,

Edited by greatdane

when I got my mk3 I wanted the silver roof rails which I got but wanted the black grill but with white wing mirrors ,,,odd yes! but that's how I wanted it so finally got my black grill fitted today and I must say it looks a lot better than the chrome effect one,,,,took them about 20 mins to fit and was washed and vacuumed........marvalous as its not been washed for about a month

did Skoda fit it for you...???

and can i ask how much did they charge you...

they charged me £95 inc vat and fitting

i picked up my new one last week and Skoda wanted £160.00 just too put it on...the black grille ..they said they had to take off the bumper...

i wasn't going to pay that much.. now i still have a black grille in the box.. :wall:   :@

i picked up my new one last week and Skoda wanted £160.00 just too put it on...the black grille ..they said they had to take off the bumper...

i wasn't going to pay that much.. now i still have a black grille in the box.. :wall:   :@

I pulled in at skoda at 08.15 and was driving back home at 09.00am and that's with a vac and a wash

I'm sure the part is about £30 or £40 supply only. The master tech swore he wouldn't fit another one after doing mine but I think they did it the cheats way by ripping the old one off. Carefully!

• Like 1

I'm sure the part is about £30 or £40 supply only. The master tech swore he wouldn't fit another one after doing mine but I think they did it the cheats way by ripping the old one off. Carefully!

the grille cost around £60-70.

• 5 weeks later...

After my Dealer quoted me £160 to fit my black grille,

I was in another Skoda dealer today as one of mate just bought Mk2 Octy 4x4

Asked them how much to fit black grille, they quoted me about £50.00

There got the job, Cars booked in and they offered me the free top up check on the car also..

• Like 1