New tech and engines for Fabia3.

I knew I had read it somewhere, it's good they're going to make the Fabia more youthful and embrace connectivity and technology.

Looking to forward to see what's coming with regards to the new Fabia, I'll have had my Monte about 2 years when the new one comes out so should be ready to trade in if all looks good.

And my thinking is that when the new one is out, and folks have started buying them, I'll be able to trade up to a nice facelift Elegance or Monte (or even an SE, if it has foglamps) as they should hopefully be more affordable by then.  :rofl:

Thinking about it from a production point of view, it makes no sense for Skoda to move to MQB for the next Fabia. They've only just recently launched the Rapid/Toledo/Rapid Spaceback, which is based on PQ25+, which is basically a stretched Fabia/Polo platform, made in the same factory as the fabia.

As far as looks are concerned, I reckon it'll be just like a Rapid Spaceback, but with a shorter wheelbase. Like the rear-ended raffle prize car on Father Ted but without the creases.

rovsqof3.6594.jpg

I've seen some references on t'interwebz about the new Fabia having better handling than the outgoing model. I suppose nobody will know about that until they are launched.

I can't see the type of suspension employed changing though. The common Macpherson strut front/torsion beam rear combo gives the best compromise of cost, versus handling, versus interior space and practicality. Multi-link rear suspension set-ups generally take up more space in the rear, which may explain why the Ford Focus has such a woefully small boot for the size of the car. (315 litres for the Fabia MkII hatch, versus 316 litres for the Focus, which is from the class above in terms of size).

The Polo is only getting a facelift, and there's no way the Fabia will get a better platform before VW do.

For info, that's exactly what happened around 1999 when the mk1 Fabia came out...

Not long till we get the right gen or at least part of the Pre Launch Build up, 

& hopefully they will stop publishing the old pictures, because as people look at articles but do not read them, they often think,

looks just like the last one.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/geneva-motor-show/skoda-preview-new-fabia-geneva-concept

** "Emotional in its look."** So styled by Vinny Jones.    

Lets hope 'Squat' does not mean, VW said

'as long as you make it look 5h!t you can use any parts you want'.

Is this the usual 'Lost in Translation' from Skoda!

Lets hope they can do an English Version 'Owners Handbook'  without the usual errors.

Help Please!

My links seldom work, but the one in the post above worked yesterday.

Can someone find if the Autocar article still exists online,??

Just wondering if Skoda UK had the Article pulled,  not wanting the coming new car to be thought of as 

'Squat & Emotional'.  Incase it became known as a 'Fat Short ar5e that is highly strung'.