1998 felicia pick-up drenched

With all this rain, my 1998 Felicia pick-up is drenched inside, foot-well and fuse-box especially.  I understand it could be window screen seals, but before I call someone out, I would like to check other possibilities. 

I have been reading about pollen vents, and blocked scuttles, and seals around window wipers etc. that could cause the same problem.

Advise please on how to check these things. 

Thanks.

Had this with both felicias you will find its the window screen.. lucky for me my step dad fits window screens stoped this buy putting new rubber in and sealed it new rubber needed due to getting screen out hole

We also had wet footwells on our 2000 Felicia.

We had the local Skoda Garage replace the front window SEAL.

I'm sure the cost of the seal was under £20 with approx an hour labour.

Just looked up the bill from 29/05/2009

£73.75 all in

£16.25 for the genuine Skoda Seal (6U0845121)

£57.50 for the labour

Replacing the seal fixed our wet footwells problem.

I'm sure there could be other reasons for the wet footwell but this fix cured it for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I has issues with a wet headline and lots of moisture in the foam around the bulkhead. This was due to the seal between the roof and door frame being non existent in places, I filled it with some window sealant (silicone type) and its fine now.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem

post-61747-0-01741600-1393807964_thumb.jpg

mine is down to the rust on bottom frame

post-61747-0-88322400-1393808067_thumb.jpg

but now leaks all over as screen broke on cutting old seal was not fitted right well not happy as it was a tinted screen with top tint..

I've had an ongoing problem with this - mainly on the passenger side.  Over the last 6 months I've had two different windscreen companies refit the screen with a new rubber seal on each occasion, but the problem still persists.  The water seems to be coming into the cabin at the bottom corner of the windscreen, then running down the inside of the panel below the windscreen and then down the outside of A panel in front of the door.  It ends up dripping onto the multi-way plug shown in the top of the 1st photo above.  I've removed all the carpets and as a temp measure drilled a hole on the floor at the lowest point to let the water run out.  What's odd is that where the water is coming in at the bottom corner, it appears to be coming through between the glass and the rubber seal and not between the bodywork and the seal.  I can see the water seeping up behind the glass and then running down the inside lip of the rubber.   I have a feeling the initial source of the problem may be (as has been mentioned above) a problem with the rubber seal on the roof above the door, with the water then running down the inside of the pillar/seal.  When the weather gets a bit better I will have a closer look.

I have just broke my window screen lol brand new rubber and screen being fitted and this rust being fixed of its still coming throw rubber then it needs more sealing my slxi felicia leaked had that screen out no rust and a hole tube off sealer used and thats leak free mine comes throw the metal where rubber goes in the middle and passanger side...

post-61747-0-38787600-1394067039_thumb.jpg

the rust it has on the metal skins...