Variable servicing?

It has an oil quality sensor, between that and the journey history (type of journeys etc) the dash computes when it is due a service, I think the maximum it can be is two year or 20K miles. 

Personally I don't like it and swapped my 10 month old Petrol vRS to fixed by having it serviced by the dealer at 1 year old and 8.5K miles.

JC, the variable servicing is just that, the car informs you when I service is due and is dictated by how the car is driven. However, Im on variable and it seems to need a service every 20,000 miles. The important bit is the quality of the oil, Fully synthetic Castrol I think.

For reference Im on 115,000 miles and had no problems. My Turbo is making a noise and so will be getting a refurb soon!

Service intervals are based on mileage AND type of use rather than a fixed mileage interval - instrument cluster shows when service is required.  Not recommended for cars doing less than 10K/annum.

As I was typing I was beaten to it by GTi Jazz Blue and Swinny46.

Thanks guys.  Looking at a 60 plate with only 21K on the clock and no servicing seems to come up via the dealer network and the seller aint returning my calls so I may be looking at a 61 plate from a main dealer on Saturday. I only do about 7K a year so think I will have it switched to fixed intervals ie 10K or 12 months whichever comes first.  I am pretty OCD with my cars lol. can't wait to become an OCTY owner ;-)

Thanks guys.  Looking at a 60 plate with only 21K on the clock and no servicing seems to come up via the dealer network...

If on variable servicing, it should have had a service at a maximum of 18641 miles (30,000km) or 2 years, whichever comes first.