Tool Fetish

Red Fox

Got to be my crows feet spanner set.

They feel a bit odd to use because the ratchet ends up offset from the nut.

BUT these have undone things where you can't even get any other spanner on the job.

...................You cant beat the satisfaction of getting your sticky nuts off :giggle:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-PC-3-8-DRIVE-CROWS-FOOT-WRENCH-SPANNER-SET-/141159311872?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item20ddc02a00

post-12185-0-45564600-1391348448_thumb.jpg

Got to be the video 2000 (not sure if thats its proper name since a picture doesn't show up on google. Its basicly a light and camera on a fibre optic cable with some motors in it so you can point it in any direction you want) for when I dropped P clip in to a Harrrier. It went from the top of the jet behind the cockpit all the way to the bottom of the fuselage :doh: After an hour of searching with this I found said P clip but it had landed in a really awkward place. Got it out in the end with mechanical fingers (another great tool) after about another hour :happy: It would have been easier to remove the pylon on the belly of the jet and take off another panel but that would have created a whole load more work. I was determined that it wasn't coming off :no: There was no way I was finding that P clip without a video 2000

It has to be the trusty hammer, the one I use is a calibrated hammer and has got me out of some problems in the past!

I also really like using my six sided sockets, they are great when removing those troublesome tight nuts and bolts that have been chewed by previous owners!

8774094084_1905a99a8f_b.jpg

• Like 2

Best tool I use the most is gotta be my set of snap on dual 80 ratchets, lovley to use !

After buy only just is a good old 32oz hammer as James said, as its often stated, if In doubt, give it Clought!!!

• Like 1

Mine's a 3/4" drive 36mm impact socket and 2ft breaker bar in combination with a 6ft length of scaffold pipe. Used to tighten up my Beetle's rear hub nuts to the correct torque after any rear brake work or when I replaced the rear hub seals.

Zlin, I remember that job from my type2, we had 3 off us jump on that damn scaffolding tube before it cracked off. It must have been torqued up by the "put the breaker bar against the ground and drive a bit... until it lifts the van"

• Like 1