Citigo rear number plate bulbs

CitigoSE

Hi, was looking to get some bright number plates bulbs, was just wondering if anyone has changed there's found these on eBay but there for a vw up not sure if they would be good or fit

Opinions please ??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Up-11-on-White-LED-501-Number-Plate-bulbs-5-SMD-Bright-Xenon-/251335145716?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3AUP&hash=item3a84bdf8f4

I changed mine to an led one.

Unfortunately, there is only one bulb so it will never be super bright, but it definitely an improvement with an led.

The bulb is just a normal W5W sidelight fitting.

Most W5W led's will fit fine

Thanks damo

just bought this hopefully they will be good :)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=291060093421

Could be wrong, but they might be a bit long those ones

Cant quite remember how much room there is on the numberplate fitting, if it will accommodate the longer W5W's

I used the stubbier LED's you can get

You might be ok though

Can't understand why a brighter number plate bulb is needed, it's not going to light up the road any better is it.

Its just a modding thing Mick

The premium cars tend to run brighter bulbs (e.g. Lexus, Jaguar etc)

Just looks better

So I am probably being a div but I couldn't get the bulb cover off when I tried!! I assume you push in from one side and side over? Or am I missing something? What do people use to get the cover off?

I have the bulb just didn't gane access due to being scared to break it haha

Can't understand why a brighter number plate bulb is needed, it's not going to light up the road any better is it.

Upgraded bulb will save the flash being needed from those yellow boxes on sticks alongside the roads around here B)

It's not the camera you need to be worried about. its the envelope on the doormat a couple of weeks later that's the stinger!  :giggle: