Dan's 2010 Octavia Vrs Tfsi wagon

Dan314

I put a deposit down on this 2010 Vrs estate on Saturday, I should be collecting it early next week. It's the Tfsi and I think you can probably tell what colour it is...

Spec is totally standard as far as I can tell, it's done 28,000 miles and I'll be the second owner.

I do a lot of mountain biking all over the place and also fell walking in the Lakes so I've got a boot liner on the way to me and it will be here before the car :D

Not looking to do any major mods but I'm sure it won't be long before that changes, and if it does I'll start a journal at some point.

octavia_zps4c2778f2.jpg

Money is in the bank, should be picking it up on Tuesday!  :clap:  Already got the boot liner waiting and a Vrs logo'd gear knob cap on the way from SuperSkoda. My Briskoda sticker arrived today too!

Picked the car up on Tuesday. Left my BMW e36 as part ex, I was sad to see the old girl go but after the drive home in the vRS I knew I had made a good choice! Only 30bhp more than the BM but it feels so much quicker. 

Home and not looking quite as clean as it did when I drove it out of the showroom

SKodaday1_zps54bacf64.jpg

Then on Wednesday I drove up to the Lake District with some mates for a walk in the mountains 

Unfortunately the vRS didn't cope too well on the snow/ice covered single track road along the side of Haweswater. Going up a long hill proved too much and with some pushing and lots of stopping to clear snow (it wasn't even deep) and more pushing it made it to the top where we decided to abandon it in a layby. Didn't want to risk driving down the hill the other side as we would have the same problem leaving! My mate then dropped his passengers off at the carpark and drove back up to pick us up, his Corsa coped slightly better with the conditions haha.

Vrslakes_zps02d8cdb1.jpg

By the time we had returned the snow had melted in the tracks we had left so we got home with no issues (apart from delays due to the mega storm shutting the M6). Boot liner did it's job too with 4 lots of wet kit in the boot!

Briskoda sticker went in yesterday, and today another parcel arrived from SuperSkoda. I told myself I wouldn't be changing anything on this car for a while, but that blingy chrome cap on the gear shifter just had to go. 

Old

Chrome_zps5fb4c000.jpg

Old vs New

Oldvsnew_zps466f2e31.jpg

New

Newcap_zpsa31ba33c.jpg

newcap2_zps0ae78653.jpg

Also got myself a vRS keyring :)

Vrskeys_zpsce7eb9a6.jpg

Some photoshop fun

minivRS_zps572e1e4b.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've never used a proper wax on any car I've owned, I usually just use the 'wash and wax' type stuff in a bottle. Anyway I bought some Poorboys Natty's paste wax today and after a wash I gave it a go. Shiny. Just a shame it's going to rain all day tomorrow!

poorboyswaxed800x600_zps73b570ec.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a while since I've added anything in here, but apart from a major service at the dealers (Mitchell Skoda in Ellesmere Port) filling it with V Power and driving it there isn't much more to report! 

One thing I've been meaning to get around to for a while is sorting my shiny steering wheel leather. I had the same shiny leather in my old BMW and used a Magic Eraser sponge on it with great results, so I've done the same with this one. 

Before, shiny (dirty) leather..

VRSwheelbefore1_zps8fzg8b9c.jpg

VRSwheelbefore2_zpsg766xi41.jpg

After, nice clean matte leather..

VRSwheelafter1_zpsynzxqvmk.jpg

VRSwheelafter2_zpspsutwgwu.jpg

You'll be surprised how much dirt you get off it  :sick:

Works well on the gear knob and the armrest too.

Edited by Dan314

A mountain biker and walker here too. Picked up my vRS at the end of Jan then next day drove to Scotland for a week. I fitted winter tyres before I did though ;0)

Apart from the briskoda sticker the boot liner and gear knob inlay were here before I got the car too