Retro fit top glovebox to Fabia 1

Can it be done?

The wifes got a poverty spec Fabia 1 which she is more than happy with but wants somewhere to put her CD's so they cant be seen.

Seen this on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-MK2-TOP-GLOVE-BOX-TO-FIT-2007-TILL-2012-/181216203312?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a3153d230

Which looks as though it would fit inside the hole that is already in the dash??

Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Thanks

Scratch what I said, I viewed this from recent topics and thought you were talking about a MkI Fabia :D

If there's a cubby then I see no reason why you can't remove that and fit that box in there.

Sorry for my confusion. (Skodas fault for calling Fabia MkII's 1, 2 & 3 rather than s, se, and Elegance :wonder:  )

Really don't follow you. There is no top dash cubby hole in a MkI Fabia that I'm aware of. Are you sure you mean a MkI and not a MkII?

For a MkI, easier to fit a passenger seat storage box.

Hang on, I think I know what you're on about; she's got a MkII Fabia 1. You need the MkII forum, buddy :)

i'm sure he means it is a Fabia Mk2 1.... probably circa 2007/08 when the Fabia trim levels were 1, 2 and 3. 3 being Elegance and 1 being 'poverty spec' to quote the OP.

• Like 1

Really don't follow you. There is no top dash cubby hole in a MkI Fabia that I'm aware of. Are you sure you mean a MkI and not a MkII?

For a MkI, easier to fit a passenger seat storage box.

Hang on, I think I know what you're on about; she's got a MkII Fabia 1. You need the MkII forum, buddy :)

This post IS in the MK2 Forum....... Buddy ;-) 

Edited by Guest

i'm sure he means it is a Fabia Mk2 1.... probably circa 2007/08 when the Fabia trim levels were 1, 2 and 3. 3 being Elegance and 1 being 'poverty spec' to quote the OP.

Correct Sir. :-)

Maybe i should have made it clearer. I thought by posting in the "Fabia II section" it would be understood. 

Apologies for any confusion caused.lol

Yes it is a Fabia II (Mk2) Trim level 1.

Hope that clears it up. 

Going by that workshop manual it looks like the high spec ones that part doesn't just sit inside the hole that's there but is a separate screw in panel with the box, so I'd say no, it won't fit.

Also on a side note, in that top glove box there is a panel that looks like it can be opened/removed, does anyone know what it leads to?

it's just a 'Pen Clip' like the one in the Lower Glove Box lid when/if you have one like on my Greenline! :)

I think it has the fixing holes for the Lid/box behind it!! Without ripping the one out of My wife's Fabia 1 I'm not sure!!

it's just a 'Pen Clip' like the one in the Lower Glove Box lid when/if you have one like on my Greenline! :)

I think it has the fixing holes for the Lid/box behind it!! Without ripping the one out of My wife's Fabia 1 I'm not sure!!

I was thinking this as the glove box looks like it has some screw holes/mounting points that would go in the same area as the pen clip. But as others have said, looking at the workshop manual the glove box area looks sort of recessed when removed whereas it is not like this on the "1" as its already flush with things like the heater vent if you see what i mean.