Suspension help for MK1 Fabia Comfort

Hi All, I am asking this on here as pretty much all searches bring up items relevant only to the VRS.

My Comfort has now completed 110000 miles and the suspension is starting to feel pretty poor. Is now splashly, doesn't seem to track very true over bumps and generally just seems to have lost some composure. Still straight and true though so think the suspension is just tired.

My question is, can I fit VRS kit to lower it a little, sharpen it up and gain some more composure? Or are there any other recommendations?

I don't want to turn it into a sports car, and I like having a fairly comfortable car but it would be nice to not have a car that looks like it is on stilts, and to gain some slightly better handling.

All advice gratefully accepted, Thanks.

This is all you need http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ap-30mm-lowering-springs-shocks-suspension-kitbr-fabia-6y-12-14-14tdi-19tdi-19sdi-20-0100-p-5394.html

Got them on my 1.9TDi, better handling, subtle drop and retains the comfort and not at all harsh.

When replacing, check your rear bump stops, replace if necessary (they just push onto the rear shocks, the new fronts come with them) and check the front top mounts for excessive wear and also replace in need be.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Lee. I had been looking at those but wasn't sure if they were too cheap! Good advice for the bump stops too, was hoping someone would make a recommendation like that.

Thanks Damian. I think I will be ordering these before too long. Do you do the bump stops for the rear and top mounts for the front?

• Like 1