Question on build weeks

Hi fellow Briskodians! 

I have finally purchased my first new car - after previously owning an Mk1 Fabia which I had to scrap a couple of years ago, I am nothing but excited.  :D

I am getting it through my local Skoda dealer, Trans City. Order was placed on the 28th of January. I received an email today stating that the 'anticipated production date' is the week commencing 24th February. Does this mean this is when production will be completed? 

It only takes 1 day to build, but can be built on any day of your confirmed build week. It wont be confirmed until 2 weeks beforehand.

Edited by vrsCR

Guest Cossiecol

The is the "estimated" build date, however until it's confirmed I wouldn't be holding my breath.

From build you're maybe looking at about 2 weeks for shipment and PDI.

I think it's not actually confirmed until the week before. Also, it would appear that a lot of peoples provisional build weeks have moved significantly forward and back so a quote for the 24th Feb isn't something I would rely on at all.

Transport to the UK and PDI seems to take around 3 weeks.

Have a look at the delivery time thread. That should give you a better idea. Having ordered end of Jan I cannot imagine that the car will be built 4 weeks later. What did you order? Spec, engine, type?

I ordered an SE, black 1.2 TSI and the only add-ons were the canton and tail light assemblies. 

The dealer did say that the last SE he ordered had arrived in 6 weeks, and the email I received did say that 'We have received confirmation from the Skoda Factory that the anticipated production date for your new Octavia is week commencing 24th February 2014.'

So with the added 3 weeks for transport, fingers crossed it should be ready to collect mid-late March.