I've fitted my new bulbs

Prog

Osram Night Breaker Unlimited headlights and MTEC DRLs from HIDS Direct.

The difference in the DRLs is immediately noticeable. My black car looks much classier than with the stock bulbs with their yellow hue. I actually think it looks like a more expensive car. :giggle:

I'm off out in a bit so will be able to judge the Night Breakers in the dark although they definitely looked much whiter.

I should add that the only thing I've ever changed on previous cars is the stereo. This could be the start of something!  :giggle:

• Like 1

I'm back!

The headlights are fantastic, especially full beam on unlit country roads. It was almost like daylight! :happy:

How do you get the bulbs out on these cars?

I found it easier than I thought it was going to be. There's a tight fitting rubber boot around each headlight which baffled me at first but it's really not a problem. Certainly easier to pull off than explain.

The DRLs just twist and pull out although there's not much room for access.

Any pics yet Prog of the new wheels?

Only a really cheesy one that my girlfriend took. I'll post it when I'm feeling brave. :giggle:

Be brave!  One of my healight bulbs was well and truly happy where it was - an absolute b***ch to get out, you have to be brave and apply brute force!  The DRL's were easy but I've got small hands which does help, they are a bit fiddly to get to.

Fogs next, just saving my pennies as they are pretty pricey.  The only other thing I haven't changed is the indicator bulb as I don't mind the orange bulb - colourful headlights now, with the blue DRL too!

• 2 months later...

Just got back from my first night drive with my front lights upgraded ,night breaker unlimited head lights and fogs ,mitec Drls osram diadem chrome indicators ,what a difference they make!!,would like to do rear indicators but I can't seem to find any ? Has any body else managed to do these?

Cheers .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I asked around about them MTech's, and didnt get much good press on them....

Been on the look out for alternatives....

I will keep my fingers crossed Damo ,and I like the look of the car with the mitecs . So I reckon they are worth it.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We replaced the DRLs with these

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/r580-7443-w21-5w-gen-2-canbus-27-smd-5050-led-bulbs-white/

and then, because the headlights looked so yellow by comparison we replaced them with the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited which we got for less than £15 for the pair from Amazon. Very pleased with the results.

Having never done anything more on our cars than top up the washer bottle, I'm now left with that "what have I started" feeling!