Rain Stains on Front Door Boards

gumdrop

Tumbling out of the Yeti, during a heavy downpour,

we set a new record for getting out of a car and

into the house. This morning I noticed a sort of paisley

patterning on the inside of the doors, rain had left its mark.

Never had this problem with any other car, how do I get the

marks out and prevent it happening again?

I have the "S" Model and have noticed that the door material is very similar to the 5 Fabia's I owned in as much that they mark very easily. I've not found a way to remove these marks and just live with them.

I'd have thought just wipe it down with a very dilute APC mix.

In my younger days APC meant Aspirin Phenacitin and Caffiene and was prescribed for any  feverish malady. :giggle:

Fred

• Like 1

Have you used some form of plastic protector/shine stuff at some time ? as some of these mark badly when wet. I have seen this before on dark interiors, if so you will probably have to remove it all with some form of plastic cleaner

As mentioned earlier an all purpose cleaner diluted correctly, sprayed and rubbed with a cloth and allow to dry. make sure you do the whole section. so it all dries evenly. It's often caused by a build up of ground in dust and dirt in the material that when a drop of water gets on it sort of cleans that little bit of fabric leaving an uneven finish. Might take a few attempts.

• Like 1