Rear coilover adjuster question

mobz

Mine are currently out, what's the best way to put them back in? I've been quoted £60 at a random local indy, just seems expensive?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jack the rear up so both wheels are off the ground and the springs will come out really easy then put your adjusters in and pop the springs back in. Once both wheels are off the ground it's really easy to do

• Like 1

Obviously once the adjusters are back in the spring will be harder to get back in, if you need more room to get em in, just take the bolts out of the bottom of the shocks, and the rear beam can be pulled down a little futher. :)

Yep that easy. When I adjust my rears I always take the springs out to make it easier. They are easy enough to compress slightly by locating the top then pushing the bottom of the spring up and over the adjuster, I do it on my back on the drive too.

• 1 month later...

Just tried taking bolts off the shocks, but the nut and bolt both move.

Will taking the wheels off help? Then take the nuts off the other side?

Cheers

Guest BigJase88

When I took my adjusters off the rear and jacked the car up the spring basically fell out.

Yeah its pretty lethal!

Wouldn't run without adjusters myself

Just tried taking bolts off the shocks, but the nut and bolt both move.

Will taking the wheels off help? Then take the nuts off the other side?

Cheers

Use 2 spanners or 1 spanner and 1 ratchet.

Thanks Josh, ill give it another try tomorrow morning, sooo close to getting it done today but became dark : (

Now with BST kicking in, shouldn't be a worry haha

• Like 1

Yeah its pretty lethal!

Wouldn't run without adjusters myself

Some roads round my way have quite steep ramps on them and my car went on 3 wheels with the adjusters on. With no adjusters I would be asking for problems.

Guest BigJase88

Some roads round my way have quite steep ramps on them and my car went on 3 wheels with the adjusters on. With no adjusters I would be asking for problems.

The thing that got me was when my fabia went for new tyres.

Car got jacked up and both rear springs fell out. Was quite a shock and the adjusters went straight in after that

+1 on the above, just lowered the rear beam a tad and the springs were pretty wedged in, managed to compress them a little then take em out :-)

Thanks for the help guys!

Guest BigJase88

Mines been up and down on ramps like a yoyo, there is no danger of my springs falling out, checked a few times, I'm running KW V1s.

Different length springs / adjusters

My original fabia with vmaxx coils with no rear adjuster the spring alone was not safe