REVO or TMC? ITG or another? Which are best? Problems with the official warranty?

EduVRS

Any modifications to the ecu / engine would cause warranty issues.

The revo / apr remaps would be the better option. As they are tailored to the car. The tmc is more of an generic device that plugs into the engine. Which you could remove, if needed.

Having said that, im sure if you had togo back to the dealer they could see that the ecu settings have changed?

This is the UK Warranty,Exclusions are in page 6.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf

Non standard parts will also according to the Skoda Warranty invalidate the Warranty.

So you decide because it is between you and Skoda what you fit.  That is in the way of Intakes.

Regardless of a Re-map or a Tuning Box, either will invalidate the warranty,

it is just that some think since the Tuning Box might not be detected that it is a better option.

The ECU and how it was Re-mapped on the CAVE engine between 2010 & Late 2012,

is now different on the CTHE ECU.

So best do what you want and forget about the Warranty Covering or paying for it,

it is your car, it is just you will probably need to pay for the work on it if anything goes wrong.

Any modifications to the ecu / engine would cause warranty issues.

The revo / apr remaps would be the better option. As they are tailored to the car. The tmc is more of an generic device that plugs into the engine. Which you could remove, if needed.

Having said that, im sure if you had togo back to the dealer they could see that the ecu settings have changed?

the TMC box leaves no trace. its a piggyback ECU, it has absolutley NO effect on how the factory ECU runs at all, what it does is lie to the ECU about what the signals are comming from the intake temp sender, the boost pressure sensor, and the cam position sensor.... as far as the facotory ECU is concerned its operate withing normal perameters, and isnt so much as touched :)

agree, it is generic, and therfore better results would be had by a map, BUT you can remove the TMC when going to the dealers.

I have a replacement element in my car (not ITG ect that changes the setup) and as far as I read the warrenty, its simply a replacement part, like a pattern part, so cannot be accused of voiding the warrenty....

this seems to be confirmed by someone who has used a replacement element, and has had his engine replaced. they tried it on because of it, but it must have been proved that the replacement element did not contribute to the engine failure.

the TMC box leaves no trace. its a piggyback ECU, it has absolutley NO effect on how the factory ECU runs at all, what it does is lie to the ECU about what the signals are comming from the intake temp sender, the boost pressure sensor, and the cam position sensor.... as far as the facotory ECU is concerned its operate withing normal perameters, and isnt so much as touched :)

agree, it is generic, and therfore better results would be had by a map, BUT you can remove the TMC when going to the dealers.

I thought even if you took the tmc off, dealers could still see that something has been removed?

"something? " I don't understand... you reconnect the original connectors (they are not one time things , you can connect/disconnect as often as you like) and the engine bay is identical to a car that has never had a box on.... the ECU never knew it was there, operated as normally as it would if it wasn't there, and nothing has been touched (apart from the connectors) maybe you'd want to be careful connecting and disconnecting, but i removed mine at each service without issue, and its impossible to have a software record in the ECU as you are not effecting or changing its peramiters (as far as the ecu is concerned!lol)

(*sorry if I come accross funny , I dont mean to lol! I just read my post and seems like I'm trying to "argue" but I'm not! :) )

"something? " I don't understand... you reconnect the original connectors (they are not one time things , you can connect/disconnect as often as you like) and the engine bay is identical to a car that has never had a box on.... the ECU never knew it was there, operated as normally as it would if it wasn't there, and nothing has been touched (apart from the connectors) maybe you'd want to be careful connecting and disconnecting, but i removed mine at each service without issue, and its impossible to have a software record in the ECU as you are not effecting or changing its peramiters (as far as the ecu is concerned!lol)

(*sorry if I come accross funny , I dont mean to lol! I just read my post and seems like I'm trying to "argue" but I'm not! :) )

If Skoda interrogated the ECU would they not be able to see that it had been requesting more boost and fuel etc than if the box hadn't been there?

• Like 1

I know you are not trying to argue. And I agree with that you said above. :) And if that is the case, I need to find one :).

Sharkrider's right, a TMC or any other plug in box can't be detected if it's been removed prior to a service or warranty work as it's not hard wired or directly connected to the ECU.

It's similar to a Dynojet box for motorbikes, we all had them fitted with performance end cans and just used to remove them prior to servicing, MOTs, warranty work without it ever being a worry or concern.

• Like 1

If Skoda interrogated the ECU would they not be able to see that it had been requesting more boost and fuel etc than if the box hadn't been there?

its not requesting more boost, thats the thing ;) the box changes the values to the ECU so , for example with boost, the box tells the ecu that the value from the boost sensor is less than it actually is, the ECU asks for the standard ammount of boost, and because it thinks its less, its boosting more.... (not sure I explained that well enough!lol) , but the ECU is only ever asking for standard boost. lets say , the ecu wants 0.8 bar.... the box tells the ecu the sensor is reading 0.6 bar instead, so the ecu ups it to 0.8, and its actually 1 bar ... makes sense? :)

its not requesting more boost, thats the thing ;) the box changes the values to the ECU so , for example with boost, the box tells the ecu that the value from the boost sensor is less than it actually is, the ECU asks for the standard ammount of boost, and because it thinks its less, its boosting more.... (not sure I explained that well enough!lol) , but the ECU is only ever asking for standard boost. lets say , the ecu wants 0.8 bar.... the box tells the ecu the sensor is reading 0.6 bar instead, so the ecu ups it to 0.8, and its actually 1 bar ... makes sense? :)

Haha yeah I think I see what you mean. Still seems like there maybe a potential for an anomaly to be recorded tho.

If the ECU requests 0.8bar and it gets a signal back suggesting it's only making 0.6 bar it will then like you say have to tell the engine/turbo to increase boost pressure some more -until it is satisfied that 0.8bar is being delivered (when in reality more than that is going through for the extra power). It has still requested additional boost to my mind (plus similar situation for the extra fuel).

Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-box just playing devils advocate lol!

• Like 2