Tdi Elegance Sport Suspension

It's certainly firmer than the standard suspension, and also more interesting to drive. Octy with sport suspension isn't pagani, but more dynamic than the standard suspension. I believe it's the same system as the system used in the vrs. Both of them are 15 mm lower than the standard one.

Having not driven the standard Octy in anger I can't comment in regards to the sport suspension versus normal, however my understanding is that in the UK the vRS gets multi-link rear suspension versus a torsion beam on the standard car (again I think the 4x4 is the only other UK Octy to get the multi-link) - I don't think this changes even if you spec the sports suspension package.

Edited by gullyg

Mine has sports suspension (and 18" wheels).  I've tested an Octavia Elegance on standard suspension and wheels and also Golf GT & Leon FR (Both outhandle the Octy).

Fitting sports suspension = VRS....no.  Not even close, no amount of lowering makes up for the hopeless rear torsion beam Vs fully independant as found in VRS. 

It does make it a little firmer, maybe 20% difference over standard.  A bit better looking, a bit better cornering, a bit harder in the bumps but still has numb steering.

Ive just taken delivery of a 2.0 TDi Elegance estate with 17" wheels and standard suspension.

It strikes a very good balance between handling ability and ride quality, also with its 225/45 tyres it already has very good levels of grip. Overall it betters the vRS Blackline estate its replaced regardless of the fact it is not remotely sporty.

IMHO the ride with the standard suspension is already reasonably (nicely) firm and i dont think the handling v ride quality trade-off with sports suspension is worthwhile.

If youre after a remotely sporty variant of this car just buy a vRS.

Edited by pipsyp

I wonder if anyone has the option sport suspension?

I tested a standard Octavia and found the ride a bit soft fir me. Not as good as the Leon. Does the deport suspension help and is it the sane as the system used in the Vrs? I expect not.

Thanks

I'd agree with you regarding the standard suspension - it is soft and wallowy and it defintely isn't a car for press on enthusiastic drivers. As stated in other posts above you get stiffer lowered springs but still attached to the simpler (but less heavy) torsion beam suspension. I've not driven an Octavia with sports suspension but can only imagine whilst it reduces the roll it isn't a substitute for the more sophisticated multi-link vRS suspension.

Thanks. I expect I will be hard pushed to find a dealer that has Octavia estates both with and without for me to test.

Seat Leon felt better to drive and must be because of more sophisticated suspension

Suspension is not more sophisticated on Seat. Different tyres, springs, dampers, weight distribution etc will affect the handling.