Rear Bumper Protector

jonceebee

Took my Yeti to the car washers yesterday and during the final pressure wash one of the operators tapped on the window holding the rear silver bumper protector saying this has just flown off. On getting home I noticed that the item is held on with double backed tape only, no glue or anything like that. I am amazed it held for so long considering the grained finish of the bumper. I would have refitted it myself until I got to my Tiger Glue to find it had all turned into a solid lump and not usable. As the car is going in the next couple of weeks I will leave it off, I am sure it will not be missed, but if you have had this part dealer fitted it may be worth checking out how secure it is.

Just replaced mine having had to replace the rear bumper, original stuck on with additional strips of black double sided number plate tape, quite difficult to remove after 2.5yrs, cleaned up, and re affixed using same tape, more or less completely oovering the underside with it!

• 3 months later...

Fitted this one on mine this morning & it had double sided tape to fix.

post-1909-0-34190200-1400778083_thumb.jpg

The car is not going anywhere near jetwash / carwashes, i will be doing it myself by hand, like i did with my Octy vRS.

• Like 1

Fitted this one on mine this morning & it had double sided tape to fix.

attachicon.gifBumper protector.jpg

The car is not going anywhere near jetwash / carwashes, i will be doing it myself by hand, like i did with my Octy vRS.

Is it this one  http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.php?app=gbu0&ns=prodshow&ref=RBP722&sid=3zs4d1v279o64269784tz1b0i235gp8n   from rearguards?

Colin

Yes that is it.

It feels quality & should stand up to general wear & tear, and the dog claws should be ok, as long as it is not scratching at it.

Instructions are clear pictures easy to follow.

It also comes with a wipe to use before it is stuck down to remove, dust / & polish.

Time will tell how robust it really is, but IMHO it fells very robust, & appears at this time to be worth the money spent to save the bumper.

And best of all it actually works with the car.

• Like 2

Brushed aluminium or silver? I t would be nice to see what either would look like on Candy White.

Colin

Placed an order for Silver on a white Yeti L&K.  Will add a photo once fitted

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has it arrived yet?

Colin

It has and I have fitted it too.  Will post pick shorlty.  It is a close match to the colour of the silver trim below but could be closer.  I would like to see what the brushed alu looks like to compare.   Fits well, can't pull it off and I have tried!

Edited by coopers
  • Like 1

I've ordered one online, but from Germany where its only £11 as opposed to UK one which was far more expensive, will see what its like soon hopefully!

Thank you. It looks like that will fit the "normal" Yeti I have on order.  I have silver roof bars on my Candy White order so now need to decide on whether the silver or brushed alloy will look best.

Colin

Edited by eribaMotters

Thank you. It looks like that will fit the "normal" Yeti I have on order.  I have silver roof bars on my Candy White order so now need to decide on whether the silver or brushed alloy will look best.

Colin

You need to see an exmaple of brushed alloy....

I was not sure about the Silver on the White, but I must admit it does seem to work  :thumbup:

It is nice to see that either Black or Silver would work on the White. 

ERRM spotted on the picture - is it the camera angle or does that personal plate have illegally spaced lettering ?

You need to see an exmaple of brushed alloy....

I have a sample of all four finishes. Rearguard were quick in sending this out a couple of months ago.

Colin