Hello new to skoda

• 3 weeks later...

So had her for nearly a week and 800miles. Sorry no pictures as she is already dirty. I'll try and remember when iv had some immigrant work done on it.

So far very pleased

Car was bought for lugging dog, mountain bikes, camping/festival and lots of other ****. Doing about 25-30k a year.

The dog loves the car and extra space.

Variable boot is cool I can hide his bed in the bottom and when shopping hide it.

The engine 2.0tdi manual is obviously very tight and not been pushed yet but super smooth and seems to match the car perfectly. One up on the duals and motorway car keeps up very well with traffic. Will be very pleasant to make progress when she's run in a bit more. 4 up and two big dogs need to work the box a lot more 6th is gutless on rural A and B roads.

The xenons are fantastic. Best option I ticked by far.

The seats are very comfortable but they bloody should be at a week old. The entertainment interface is absolutely fine and easy to use unless your 50+ and have not joined the tablet/smartphone computer world ;).

Voice control. Ashtray in a convertible stuff really! Press button and talk in queens english Next track. Playing PERVIOUS TRACK. ****. ******. ****. Or just use the button on the steering wheel some stuff doesn't need "progress". Sat nav turn directions in the maxi dot is cool and very useful Colour screen is nice touch but as an extra to pay for? Not for me. Put it towards the privacy glass which is perfect hard to see in but not gloomy inside.

Now the slight negatives.

Don't like the 17 inch wheels ride it's a bit firm. Do the 16s ride better and any less road noise? If so I'd be interested in the swap. I'd have specced it new with 16s if I could.

I too appear to be getting the low boom in the cabin coming from the boot. Does putting a spare wheel in help or anyone found a fix yet? It is pretty annoying.

Overall really happy with the car despite a couple minor niggles that can/will be sorted it's doing everything I'm asking of it and some.

I would concur with the firm ride on 17 inch wheels, it's murder at the moment with all the potholes and I'm experiencing the low boom even though I have a spare wheel. I do think the suspension is  getting slightly better or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

These are minor niggles as the car is excellent apart from these two points.

I also think the 1.6tdi is surprisingly good. I have had many 2 ltr TDi's over the years and a 1.6 VW Golf slowmotion and I think it is as good as most of them. I would say it is nippier than the Slowmotion with very similar MPG so is a bargain in comparison to the VW. I can't see what the Bluemotion badge gives over a standard diesel SKODA as the SKODA has stop start technology and is road tax exempt.