Should I buy one

Hi,Just joined the forum I'm changing my car end of March currently an Insignia on one of its many visits to garage the courtesy was a Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2 tsi my wife and I were really impressed with it so mush we are going Skoda for our next car just like some advice on the Rapid from some owners.

Regards David.

Welcome to Briskoda David. So far I'm really impressed with the rapid. I've owned 4 Skoda's now and could never see myself buying a different brand. As for my Rapid I have owned it a week and love it. Great value for money, boot space is massive styling is great and lovely to drive with a pleasing mpg.

Only downsides personally is they sit very high suspension wise. I don't like the Bluetooth operation (not as good as ford). That's it really. Maybe a wider model/engine selection bit wait out.

I saved thousands taking the 0% finance deal too. But that ends soon I think.

If you have specific questions ask away.

Sent using my right thumb

The Rapid is undoubtedly great value for money especially if you are prepared to haggle hard. The interior space is first class and the engine and gearbox very smooth. The only downsides are the poor quality interior trim that tends to rattle and buzz over uneven surfaces and possibly a little more road noise than I would like but I can live with the shortcomings for the price paid.

I bought a 1.2TSI, S, 86PS,Greentec with alloys, reversing sensors and spare wheel which would cost £15,125 at full retail, I paid £12500 and still got a reasonable price for my trade in vehicle. Since purchase I have had a few minor warranty claims but nothing to give me cause for concern. So all in all I would recommend the Rapid and wish you many miles of enjoyable motoring should you take the plunge and buy a Rapid.

David, another important plus point is Skodas holding their value well.

...and if you want to witness a poor quality trim, climb into a Kio Rio!

I've had a Fabia from 2001, an Octavia from 2009, and a Rapid three weeks ago. A tad early to give feedback on the Rapid, but the Fabia and Octavia were fabulous cars.

• Like 1

buy the rapid.ive just got a 1;2 tsi se thats 1 yr old.ex demo.fully loaded ie sports trim,satnav,heated seats,17" alloys ect ect for £9700 and a good price on px.I get 47mpg with mixed driving.DONT buy a tdi they are not worth the hassle.Big roomy car for fabia money. :happy:

I think he's just referring to the issues common with modern EU rule compliant Diesels, EGR/DPF regen etc etc etc. If you're not doing big mileage, the 'new' Diesels make less sense than the likes of the 1.9TDI ten years ago did.

• Like 1

I think he's just referring to the issues common with modern EU rule compliant Diesels, EGR/DPF regen etc etc etc. If you're not doing big mileage, the 'new' Diesels make less sense than the likes of the 1.9TDI ten years ago did.

Yeah I have gone back to petrol on both my cars now...

Sent using my right thumb

Thecko, what mileage would justify a new diesel engine in your view?

I would have thought 16k+ personally but I'm sure there are a lot of differing opinions on that. I probably could have made good use of the 1.6tdi myself as I'm doing around that kind of mileage (and have a 20 mile commute each way, so lots of time for the dpf to sort itself out)...but there were no real deals around on them when I got mine plus I'm getting pretty respectable mpg out of mine as it is, so all in I'm quite happy with the petrol :)

Sounds realistic to me. I do around 18k, plus a trip to the continent every other year.

What sort of return are you getting? The best I've had so far out of my TSI was 59mpg brim to brim when I went to my sister's place in Wales and back last June. Haven't had less than 50 out of a tank so far, no doubt helped by my daily motorway commute, but I do have to drive "sensibly" to achieve this :D

Honestly have never worked mine out, and tend not to beleive the information on the display re this.  My car is very low mileage and up to now I can't say I have notice much difference between diesel and my last petrol HONDA.  Maybe slightly more MPG with the diesel considering my Honda was 1.4, it's hard to tell.

originaly I wanted a white Rapid,however comparing prices from dealer and Motorpoint then realising mne had 10 miles on clock when bought plus the initial price difference and the lower tax band I thought and 3 years warranty Skoda assist etc etc I thought Motorpoints silver was the better deal.

• Like 1

What sort of return are you getting? The best I've had so far out of my TSI was 59mpg brim to brim when I went to my sister's place in Wales and back last June. Haven't had less than 50 out of a tank so far, no doubt helped by my daily motorway commute, but I do have to drive "sensibly" to achieve this :D

Like Mark I've never had the calculator out, but it's undoubtedly economical. I've only had my Rapid a few weeks but my previous Skoda, a 1.9TDi Octavia, could just about go from NE England to the Loire Valley on a single tank of diesel.

Edited by AK67

originaly I wanted a white Rapid,however comparing prices from dealer and Motorpoint then realising mne had 10 miles on clock when bought plus the initial price difference and the lower tax band I thought and 3 years warranty Skoda assist etc etc I thought Motorpoints silver was the better deal.

What model did you get, I can't remember you saying? SE 1.6TDi?

Between the Fabia and Rapid, the Rapid is the more modern car. The Fabia is based on a floorpan which is more than 13 years old and will be replaced soon, whereas the Rapid is  based on newer technology.

Yes 1.6 SE TDI

May 2013 registered, I got it in August as a Birthday present to myself. 10 miles on clock from Motorpoint

For 12k, what a bargain. Did the SE have cruise and fogs then? If not, still a good buy.

yes Cruise  fogs  15" Carme  USB/AUX ports  small leather pack   bue tooth   hands free   (no back wondow from driver)  and Brilliant silver paint work.  I never took out the paint proection thing they offered I had diamond bright on a previous car and wasn't keen.  I do a bit of detailing myself didn't like the Konserver stuff you had to our on it after nor the prices of their shampoo/konserver pack.  Norcan it be waxed or sealed after complete waste of money.