Spare parts for vrs

Hi All,

My first post so be gentle.

Owned a race blue TDI DGS vrs estate since just before Xmas 2013.  Wife had an accident in local supermarket car park in late January so car has been in bodyshop being fixed since then.

No idea when getting car back as awaiting on replacement grille parts for front bumper to become available from Skoda. 

Seriously cheesed off.

Pictures on wife's phone so will post them up a little later on.

MC

I'm in exactly the same situation, front bumpers are on back order with no delivery date so I got them to patch mine back together so I can drive it until the bumper comes in, could be a very long wait so the choice is yours.

If it's the grill just below the bonnet it's integral to the bumper so the whole bumper has to be changed, that's what's holding mine up.

I'm in exactly the same situation, front bumpers are on back order with no delivery date so I got them to patch mine back together so I can drive it until the bumper comes in, could be a very long wait so the choice is yours.

If it's the grill just below the bonnet it's integral to the bumper so the whole bumper has to be changed, that's what's holding mine up.

Hi Lee,

Yes, the whole bumper has been replaced but not sure if their waiting on just the grille or bumper + grille.

MC

The grill and bumper are one complete piece, one can't be replaced without the other unfortunately! Is the damage substantial?

I never knew this. Skoda may sell lots of them then. When cleaning mine I was shocked at how cheap and nasty the grill felt. I think it will be very brittle when it ages a little. For me, the grill is the worst part of the car.

I never knew this. Skoda may sell lots of them then. When cleaning mine I was shocked at how cheap and nasty the grill felt. I think it will be very brittle when it ages a little. For me, the grill is the worst part of the car.

It's made of the same material as the mkII, ABS one of the most common and durable plastics out there, it will contain UV stabilisers to prevent it going brittle due to sunlight ageing it.

It's made of the same material as the mkII, ABS one of the most common and durable plastics out there, it will contain UV stabilisers to prevent it going brittle due to sunlight ageing it.

I can't comment on it being identical material to the mkII as I've never cleaned one of those but I'll take your word for it.  I just know that the grill feels like cheap and nasty rubbish. For me, it lets the car down.  I hope you're right about the UV stabilisers though, I've learned something else there. 

The grill and bumper are one complete piece, one can't be replaced without the other unfortunately! Is the damage substantial?

The bumper does need replacing as it's not repairable.  Didn't know it was all one piece though!

The bumper does need replacing as it's not repairable.  Didn't know it was all one piece though!

It's not made as one piece but they're ultrasonically welded together when made which is something a bodyshop can't do hence only being available as a complete unit.

I am in the same situation.

Very minor damage to the griile.

Couldn't believe the whole front bumper assembly has to be changed.

The cost with all the labour and painting is ridiculous for just a broken grille. 

It has been a month now with no idea of a date.

It's not made as one piece but they're ultrasonically welded together when made which is something a bodyshop can't do hence only being available as a complete unit.

The bumper needs to come off to replace it but superskoda are selling just grills so how hard is it??

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-front-grille-in-OEM-honeycomb-design-KI-R