Favorit Estate project

RusFav

Hey all, I'm just starting out on what could be a long and interesting journey!

Last month I managed to find me a nice base for an "interesting" project. she is a stock Fav GLXie estate, done just over 65K and has the sweetest engine and gearbox I've ever come across in a Fav/Felicia. Body work is a bit crispy around the edges but everything that isn't bolt on is solid.

So the plan......

Engine and gearbox are going to stay pretty much stock. Although with recent weather conditions I have been discussing a snorkel ;-)

Suspension will be cleaned up and lowered by about 40mm but I want to try to keep the ride quality if possible. Any pointers on spring mainifacturers would be grand! I was lucky enough to get a car with the top spec alloys on, so they are staying too.

Body work I'm looking at a clean up, new front wing, removal of a couple of dents and then a matt black pain job! Again if anyone knows of a good Matt lacquer, I'd be most grateful.

Then lastly the interior, this is where I may go a bit mad and there may be some changes of tack. Plan so far is to put a pair of MGF seats in the front (I have one that I'm currently braking, if anyone wants anything....), I'm looking at the possibility of changing some of the switch gear to Felicia switches, and some of the plastics too! There will probably be some more MG sneaking in there too, we will have to see.

So in summery, stock mechanics (you can't mess with perfection), subtle matt exterior, Frankenstein interior. If that interests you stay tuned :-D

Oooo and lastly couple of pics of Priscilla as she stands today.

post-114414-0-36336400-1393582009_thumb.jpg

post-114414-0-88390800-1393582035_thumb.jpg

I had to wave good bye to my last Favorit an out 5 years ago and I didn't think I'd ever be able to find another! I was so please to get this one and it truly drives like new, I almost don't want to tamper with it...... Bit then the evil voice in my head starts ;-)

If the paint were in as good a condition as it looks on the pics I would keep it, I do agree it's a really nice colour. But it is pretty rough in places so will have to be sorted anyway, we'll have to see ;-)

As for the engine mods I may do a bit to help it breath a little easier, but for this project we are keeping it fairly simple! The next one is another matter entirely, I've always fancied the idea of putting a VR6 in a pick up.......