vRS remap

Wandering over from the Mk1 Fabia forum as I'm looking into the Mk2 vRS. Currently have a PD150 on my mk1 with around 190bhp 330FtLb's. What kind of figures do the Mk2's map up too and what mods are a good base? Is a remap as far as you can go for more power before you need to upgrade the turbo/supercharge pulleys and things? And what do they handle like? Must be a lot better than the Mk1 being lighter and I've read they have an E-diff? Enlighten me people :)

I had a mk1 vRS for several years and now 2 mk 2s.

The mk2 handling is much better. It does have an e-diff thingy called XDS but I've never particularly noticed it working tbh.

You'd be mad to map the mk2 to be honest. It's a frail engine and already highly strung. Map and induction kit/down pipe sees about 215bhp if you want to take the risk.

I had a mk1 vRS for several years and now 2 mk 2s.

The mk2 handling is much better. It does have an e-diff thingy called XDS but I've never particularly noticed it working tbh.

You'd be mad to map the mk2 to be honest. It's a frail engine and already highly strung. Map and induction kit/down pipe sees about 215bhp if you want to take the risk.

so their not very tuneable? I did expect that with only being a 1.4 to be honest. Is there anyone on here running a high powered vrs?

There was one guy running about 250 bhp I believe but it ended up causing major problems and he advised people not to follow him down the same path.

Have a look loads of info on his build thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/216407-vrsys-mk2-fabia-vrs-project-and-build/

Suspension mods springs / rarb are very popular tho.

I've come from a mapped mk1 vrs that was r&r'd at jabba sport at 189bhp then afterwards put the Ibiza 160 air intake pipe on whitch freed up the top end nicely and honestly I think the standard mk2 vrs donkey is well strong enough not to worry about needing more for road use, I speed up for corners so would put my money into the handling department personally!

:hi:

Mad Tom?

Haha yeah sorry I'm abit grumpy tonight -baby not sleeping well lol!

I'm sure your vRS had been solid as a rock Sparkly but it just worries me a little mapping these engines if it will unmask an underlying problem with misfires/oil use etc. It's not something I'd do but that's only my personal opinion and each to their own and all that. I'm definitely not anti-modding at all and would map a 1.9tdi mk1 in a heartbeat tbh. I love reading about peoples modding experiences so sorry if I came across too negative! :-)

You haven't come across negative at all, I like modding my cars and get bored very easily so I don't think the Mk2 vRS will be for me unfortunately, hold on another year and save for the Evo 8 I've always wanted !

Yeah no point looking on here for mod advice, there was a time over a year ago when there was alot of talk on here about modding these but alot of people got put offf by the problems experianced and most of us sold up and moved on

Think vagoc might have a few bits and pieces of decent info on it though

Wonder what happened to those memebers,vrspowered, pit8ull,vrsy duffman and a few others

• Like 1