My Facelift vRS slow build....

DanBoy

Has it settled any more?

Erm I'm not too sure, I'll have to take some new pics, the front has dropped but the rear doesn't look as though its dropped a whole lot.

Some pics of how it sits at the moment, the rear arch does sit too high for my liking compared to the front but not much I can do about it at the moment.

DSC01839_zps4fcd1baf.jpg

DSC01840_zps69b6ffe0.jpg

DSC01841_zpscbbd0a09.jpg

DSC01842_zpsb404b9c0.jpg

Still looks tidy either way. Perhaps space the rears a little to help them from looking lost in the arch and it will probably help the overall look. Maybe get some paving slabs in the rear to help the rear springs settle too :D

Still looks tidy either way. Perhaps space the rears a little to help them from looking lost in the arch and it will probably help the overall look. Maybe get some paving slabs in the rear to help the rear springs settle too :D

Might get a really heavy spare wheel as it doesn't have one at the moment lol, keep meaning to get some spacers as I can get them cheap from work.

You work at CAS as in the first pic? Might have spoken to you before unknowingly if you've ever phoned FPS Sheffield.

Yea I was at CAS till last year and now at ECP, I mainly speak to the guys at Leicester.

Ahh cool. Had a recruitment manager from ECP asking if I was interested but she couldn't even get my name right :D lol.

Leicester FPS are alright, their warehouse manager has a Mk1 Golf GTI that I keep asking her to sell me!

Had to spend some money and order up some new front tyres as I noticed while cleaning it today that my passenger tyre is looking a tad sorry for itself.

What tyres did you go for and where from?

Stuck with what was on the car when I bought it and went for Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's which were £95 each from Camskill.

Heard good things about the Goodyears think i will be opting for these in a couple of months Conti Sport 3s on at moment how much do you pay for fitting? Good price for tyres Camskill are always good though.

Heard good things about the Goodyears think i will be opting for these in a couple of months Conti Sport 3s on at moment how much do you pay for fitting? Good price for tyres Camskill are always good though.

I'm just gonna try and call a in a favor from one of my customers and see if they will fit them for me for free lol.

Not having a great week with the car, had to put of my remap for now and the person who fitted my front tyres managed to chip my wheels :(

So to cheer myself up I'm going on a drive tomorrow to pick up some R32 calipers as I fancy some bigger brakes lol.

Are they going to repair the damaged rim.?

No as its difficult to prove as I didn't notice it properly till I got the car home and cleaned up all the paste off the wheels.

Did a 300 mile round trip this morning and came home with these, just need to give them a clean up.

calipers_zps475ad5a8.jpg

If it was me i would ave contacted them and chewed the balls of them. Are those cals of an R32.?

Yea fancied some 345mm brakes and these were at a price I couldn't say no too.

Straight on replacement ? 

Yea just bolt on replacements, I'll just order some new shields for the bigger discs and get some discs and pads from work, the calipers also came with some separate braided hoses too.

Nice one Dan ,what about the springs have they lowered anymore.?

I think so, sits nicely on the front but still a bit arse end up but I can live with it for now.

• Like 1

Gutted about the wheels. Tyre guy I've used last few times checks the wheels with you first and purposefully doesn't leave all the soap on the rim and looks at them with you again after.

Brakes look good. They're on my wishlist, have those been painted at some stage as the calipers on R's are usually blue aren't they? Or were they Audi ones but had the R fitting springs? Handy either way seeing as the VRS ones are red.

Gutted about the wheels. Tyre guy I've used last few times checks the wheels with you first and purposefully doesn't leave all the soap on the rim and looks at them with you again after.

Brakes look good. They're on my wishlist, have those been painted at some stage as the calipers on R's are usually blue aren't they? Or were they Audi ones but had the R fitting springs? Handy either way seeing as the VRS ones are red.

I think they could be the Seat ones as they are red standard, just waiting for the end of the month then I can get them on,