octy vrs numberplate lights

Better to remove the tail gate cover. Its a ball ache to get back on but if you push the replacement bulbs too hard it'll pop the bulb holder off the tail gate and you will then have to take the cover off anyway. Just happened to me recently.

How hard is it to take the tailgate cover off? Felt pretty tight to me when plying with fingers, obviously i would need to use a special tool to take it off but was worried it might break with too much pressure.

You wont break anything as there are some metal clips locating the cover near the rear screen that push down. You have to pry open the cover and then sort of push the curved part towards the roof to unclip. There are four or six male fasteners that have to be popped off first. To get it back on its the reverse, but like I said it was a ball ache but I was flying solo. Be easier with two of you. Dont forget to feed the boot strap through the cover before fully locating it in place.

• Like 1

just pull square to get the trim off.

to put i back on -

sit in the boot with parcel shelf removed,

close the hatch down to 1st click of lock.

and then offer it up and push back on, starting at the top, each side of the wiper area.

easiest way to do it, but still a PITA

Mine is into the second week of not having the cover on after I took it off to change a bulb for the mot, I have attempted to put it back on but am still yet to succeed took me 6 months last time lol

Mine is off about a month while i figure out where the water is getting in to the tailgate... just cant figure it out,

as everything seems to be dry, until i open the boot, when it comes out of the tailgate into the boot... gggrrrrr.......