Hello

We have a 2009 Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI which has been brilliant until last year, when an intermittent fault started.

We have put the car into firstly and independent garage and a Skoda dealership to try and get the problem cured to no avail. 

Symptoms:  Please remember these are intermittent and it may go a day without doing it.

Without touching any pedals when idling the car will cut out.  It sometimes starts again straight away but sometimes takes several attempts.

Whilst driving and accelerator has been released on reapplying accelerator the car looses rather than gains power; if at high enough speed changing down to pick up the revs will usually regain power.

Whilst driving the glow-plug light flashes with no other warning lights but the car does not go into limp mode as described in manual.

Idle speed varies sometimes its about 970-980 sometimes its 850.

Skoda dealership have done several diagnostics scans but unable to definitely diagnose problem.

Garages have replaced coolant temperature sensor, air flow sensor.  Yesterday a software update for a suspected "egr operation issue"

We picked the car up but problem re-occurred after a couple of miles.

My thoughts are:

To replace the accelerator unit.

Replace the boost pressure control solenoid (N75)

Replace Brake Light switch 

I am not familiar with common rail diesels could someone tell me if there are any mechanical linkages involved which may have developed backlash? 

Any help please!

Edited by Faulder

• 5 years later...