Depo Xenon headlight parts (ballasts etc).

I need a little help with parts for a set of headlights I got.

Basically, they were in a state.  I fixed them up and I need a few bits and pieces to finish them up.  I'm not a fan of cheap headlights and stuff but at £40 I couldn't say no to them.

So it would be good to hear from people with Depo Headlights.

What ballasts and bulbs did you go for?

Are the Xenon bulb retainer rings the same as the genuine ones?  I know the bosch ones can be bought for about £2 and the depo ones are cheap flimsy crap.

Any 35w or 55w ballasts will be ok but get d2s ballasts so the bulbs won't need adapters to fit, then obviously get d2s bulbs aswell. 4300k is as near to oem as you can get.Can't help with the rings sorry.

Yes I have Philips 4300K d2s in the bora and they're nice and white.  I'll have a look and see what ballasts are available.  Just remembered I have a set of rings from a MK4 golf headlight so I could test fit that later and find out.

OK so test fitted MK4 golf retainer rings and they don't fit.  The lugs are spaced differently where it screws onto the back of the projector housing.

Does anyone know if the genuine xenon retainer rings fit the Depo headlights?

These are the rings below in case anyone doesn't understand what part I'm talking about.

Just noticed there's a few websites do xenon spares so I'm off for a look.

Hella_D2S_Projector_Bulb_Holder_Clip_Ret

OK so test fitted MK4 golf retainer rings and they don't fit. The lugs are spaced differently where it screws onto the back of the projector housing.

Does anyone know if the genuine xenon retainer rings fit the Depo headlights?

These are the rings below in case anyone doesn't understand what part I'm talking about.

Just noticed there's a few websites do xenon spares so I'm off for a look.

Hella_D2S_Projector_Bulb_Holder_Clip_Ret

Yep, just tried and can confirm they do fit!