Renaultsport Clio 172 Cup owned from new and under 60k miles

Alexei Egg

DSC_0156-1.jpg

As I've just MOT'd my Clio and its got almost 12 months' tax on it I thought it was time to put it up for sale. I've done less than 10,000 miles in it over the last 3 years and these cars just beg to be driven...

This is the track-focused version of the "vanilla" 172, so lighter by 89kg and no-frills (also less to go wrong)! Renault's performance figures for those interested are 0-62 in 6.9 secs and top speed of 138 MPH.  Driven carefully I've achieved 44 MPG on the motorway, although I consistently get 37-38 MPG under normal use.  Most, like mine, are in Mondial Blue metallic, but a few were in silver.

As you can see its in great condition with just one minor N/S dent where some clumsy school mum let her car door bang on it!  You will struggle to see it, but I know its there... The car is as used regularly - just washed and not even chamoised let alone vacuumed. It gives an accurate idea of condition, but I'm happy to answer any specific questions or post further photos.

The original wheels have a few kerbing marks in common with other examples. 

I've had the car since new and its got a full service history using fully synthetic oil and being run only on super unleaded.

Recent documented work includes new callipers, discs and pads all-round plus 4 new Maxxis tyres last year.

NO MODIFICATIONS except for KTR stealth (discrete) stainless cat-back exhaust.

Both keys are included and the car can be viewed in SW Scotland or the Midlands by arrangement. Leave me a voicemail on 07567 234560 or email me phawmail-clio at yahoo.co.uk

£2000

Also available are a set of black Team Dynamics 16" ProRace 1.2 or Team Dynamics 15" 100+ Tornado wheels both with tyres. These also fit my Felicia Fun which has the Tornados on just now.

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

I have had one of these, and it has got to be one of the best handling affordable cars ever

Fast as hell, and can be thrown into corners

Looks a very good example too (Rare to see a one owner car of this age/type)

Best of luck with the sale mate

Thanks.  The price /performance is what has made me hang on to it and each time I've thought about selling it before I've found an excuse to keep it - especially with some of the roads around here. :rock:

BUT I'm getting that bit older and conscious of family commitments, and it becomes increasingly difficult to justify my "toy" when it's normally just got me in it! And you might have spotted my other antidote to my mid-life crisis.

Time to leave my days of melting tyres (and steering wheels) behind...for now.

Now sold. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to others on this forum for their interest too.

Many thanks today Alexei Egg.

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife.

The Clio is a credit to you and very well looked after and a right blast to drive.

I've had the cup on my list for sometime after previously owning a 172 non cup version.

It's certainly put the fun back in to driving :)

Many thanks

Nick

• Like 1

I was going to round and have a look at this but as usual was too slow. Glad to see you sold it so easily.

G. You must have seen the car knocking about CD!  If only I'd known...

Look out for me in the stealth yellow :bandit: Felicia Fun which is now out of hibernation.