Changing speedo dials

Hi all. I'm currently living in Switzerland, so my Octy is km/h only. I am looking at moving back to the UK later this year, and really want to take my car with me (after 200,000 km I have become attached to her), but need to get a UK speedo in (and lights, I know, but they are easy). Question is, does anyknow if I can buy a scrap Uk speedo and switch over the panel for the dials, rather than replace the whole unit? Cheers in advance, dave

You'll need to make sure that 70MPH and the equivalent in KMH are in the same place on the speedo, otherwise after switching the faceplate your speedo will be inaccurate.

The KMH speedo reads upto 270kmh, whereas the MPH one goes up to 160MPH which is 256KMH so there is a difference and not just a faceplate change.

Surely you'd be better off changing the whole instrument cluster over? A lot less hassle and much quicker.

Some instrument panels allow the mileage to be changed once to a higher value with VCDS. If your one doesn't allow it, VAGTacho will do it.