PID update

SurreyBoy

direct to q4

remove all the map areas you do not need to save space on the PID, or you may find you do not have space in the memory

did you do the safety cameras as well? if so you will need to turn on the warning in the option menus or the alerts don't sound

Edited by bluecar1

direct to q4

remove all the map areas you do not need to save space on the PID, or you may find you do not have space in the memory

did you do the safety cameras as well? if so you will need to turn on the warning in the option menus or the alerts don't sound

Just downloading the cameras now. thanks for that.

I can't remember the exact option but look through the 3 screens of navigation options and you should work it out

there is also an option to have audible warning if you exceed the speed limit for the road by 10,15 or 20mph if I remember as well

PID map updates tend to come out at the end of the quarter so 2014 q1 should be out in the next 2-3 weeks

full cost is about £70 for 2 years If I remember right, if you do them with the discount code in the first 30 days of registering you pid with garmin they are about £18

safety cameras are normally £25 year, with discount in 30 days £12.50 for first year then normal £25 / year after

Edited by bluecar1

I think it is the fact the PID stays with the car so few people would benefit from maps for life

but a 3 year deal on maps would have been better, or even better like the servicing if you take car on finance maps free for the finance period

nice little touch that would be

• 3 months later...

It is a 2 year deal with the freshmaps coupon you get with a new car.  Mine are guaranteed up to 2106.  I had the non-charging PID syndrome, and the dealer managed to reset the PID totally, so it has forgotten everything, including all the long list of destinations for my holiday in a few days time, who I was, and every bloomin' thing. I've spent the last hour trying to work out how the change the voice on it, as the option has disappeared.  Not happy with that at all, that sanctimonious bloke really get on my nerves, the woman was much nicer.

At east it now works again, which is more than it did last week!

It is a 2 year deal with the freshmaps coupon you get with a new car.  Mine are guaranteed up to 2106.  I had the non-charging PID syndrome, and the dealer managed to reset the PID totally, so it has forgotten everything, including all the long list of destinations for my holiday in a few days time, who I was, and every bloomin' thing. I've spent the last hour trying to work out how the change the voice on it, as the option has disappeared.  Not happy with that at all, that sanctimonious bloke really get on my nerves, the woman was much nicer.

At east it now works again, which is more than it did last week!

That sanctimonious blokes voice is Alan Dedicoat, BBC news reader (radio) and announcer on The National Lottery on the beeb.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand the female voice, so stuck with him.

That sanctimonious blokes voice is Alan Dedicoat, BBC news reader (radio) and announcer on The National Lottery on the beeb.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand the female voice, so stuck with him.

Sounds a bit like him but it's actually Jon Briggs, the same guy who did the Siri voice for UK iPhones/iPads. He also did the voice over for Weakest Link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Sounds a bit like him but it's actually Jon Briggs, the same guy who did the Siri voice for UK iPhones/iPads. He also did the voice over for Weakest Link.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I can confirm that it is Jon Briggs, and not The Voice of the Balls.

new update for the garmin this month, seems to have fixed a few things, wifes phone now reads texts again, but ipod still won't pair correctly and stream music