Bolero Unit

Hi Folks

Sorry if this has been covered before, though I couldn't find it on forum anywhere. I've just taken delivery of an 11 plate Superb Estate SE which has a Bolero unit fitted. The manual indicates it has a Telephone function in the Setup menu but on accessing the menu, Telephone function is not shown. I have seen pictures of the Bolero unit with SD marked on the unit above the slot. Mine doesn't have this. Was there an earlier unit which was superceded.  Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Dave

The Bluetooth will only work if you have a separate module fitted. It will be factory fitted under the driver's seat.

All Bolero units have an SD slot in the AFAIK, but later ones were made by a different manufacturer so may have been marked differently.

This has no bearing in BT functionality though.

Ah right, maybe I missed that somewhere in the manual? I take it this is a Skoda part that they'll charge a small fortune to supply n fit? Time to research I suppose. Thanks for the replies guys.

DD 

Self fit for under £200 with genuine BT module and 3rd party loom.

Look on CarSystems.pl to see exactly what options are available with costs.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest most dealers tell you a load of crap as they either don't know or can't be bothered / id go for either http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191210349960?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT & keep your same head unit or do as i have done in mine & fitted rns315 gives both satnav & phone function just needs mic adding plus coding with vcds which i have already. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 1K8 module is not the best and has very limited features.

Also it is not plug and play, you need to solder wires

Sorry me bad,speak too eddie nl he supplied & installed mine in my golf & iv had no problems plus the price wasn't too bad either