Octavia II EGR valve cleaning

Hello!

Sorry for bringing up and old thread, but what mileage where you on when you did this?

I´m just asking because I think I might have the same issue, no EML light, yet..

Either that or a boost leak or something.

I have done this on my previous 1.9TDI PD, But that car just had a faulty EGR-valve, it wasn´t especially dirty.

Regards

attachicon.gifDSC01712.JPG

Can't load any more pics, exceeded limit

Replacement in the reverse order from removal - I changed one of the Torx bolt for an Allen headed bolt as this was easier to replace using an right angled key - did not have Torx equivalent.

I also punched a 11mm hole in the Exhaust Inlet pipe gasket which had previously been blanked, believe this was the cause of the glow plug light coming on due to lack of flow. 

Retested and glow plug light stayed off and full performance restored - EML light went off after restart

Happy Days

Inlet Manifold could do with cleaning but did not want to disturb the carbon in situ so left for the time being. 

I know a lot of people are obsessed with EGR delete and mapping the light out, but in reality what does that cost? well north of £200 which i think is a lot of cash to gain not that much IMHO.

A good clean every 10 - 20k miles costs you just your own labour and some carb cleaner.

Lewwy

Well, in my 2.0 TDI (common rail) this device has been put somewhere under the DPF. Without removing the DPF it's almost unreachable. It means lots of possible trouble and labour...So I'm thinking about a solution for 1 time - re-mapping.

If it was somewhere in the front and could be easy removed and cleaned once in a year - I could do that. In my case I can't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...