mk3vrs trim rattles

Hi just wondering whether anybody else have trim rattles,it seems to me to be coming from the passenger door trim or that sort of direction,its not eccesively bad,but dont think its acceptable on a 2week old 25k car,if someone has had these sort of rattles sorted,i would appricate if you could give me some pinters as to where the source of it was and how it was cured,thanks

Edited by cortina63

Might be the passenger seat height adjustment lever? If so a small piece of sticky felt between the lever and the seat sorted it on mine.

Might be the passenger seat height adjustment lever? If so a small piece of sticky felt between the lever and the seat sorted it on mine.

Thanks for your reply,i will try that

Hi all

I just took delivery of my new COMBI 4X4 SE TDi 150 on Saturday and on the way home I was so pleased the car had No rattles.

Got in to it Monday and there was a rattling noise coming from the passenger side on investigating it appears to indeed come from

The seat height adjuster lever banging against the side of the seat,Also these levers appear to be made very cheaply and don't look like they are strong enough .

I will stick some felt on there too great idea.

Cheers

Thought i had the same rattle for a few days and was a bit upset until i actually had a look and realised the mrs had left a cereal bar rattling round in the door cubby, i must say the car feels well screwed together coming from an A4, 

Thanks, one rattle sorted,just need a bit of self adheive felt to put on the seat, theres only the other strange one now,appears to be coming from the roof console/camera pod,just like a ressonance more than a rattle,comes It at 60mph in 6th,the cure for that was have planet rock even louder,thanks for your help

Edited by cortina63

Hi just wondering whether anybody else have trim rattles,it seems to me to be coming from the passenger door trim or that sort of direction,its not eccesively bad,but dont think its acceptable on a 2week old 25k car,if someone has had these sort of rattles sorted,i would appricate if you could give me some pinters as to where the source of it was and how it was cured,thanks

I have no trim rattles what so ever, what I do get though is when I give it the beans I get some tremendous vibration noise coming from the front passenger speaker area, guess I should not accelerate too hard but it is sooo difficult not to:-)

These seat height adjuster levers seem very poor for something that will be used a lot.

In my experience any part of a machine that needs human input in some way to make adjustments or to work it should be made of a high quality material so when you use it you can feel it is up to the job,It gives you confidence in the rest of the machine.

Hope Skoda read this.

• Like 1

I have a rattle only on really uneven surfaces that sounds like two sticky bits of plastic attaching and detaching. I've checked glasses holder, it's not that, and seems to be either coming from up behind the cheap cubby hole below the headlight switch, the door card or under the drivers seat. Anyone had / have similar and get it sorted?

I have a rattle only on really uneven surfaces that sounds like two sticky bits of plastic attaching and detaching. I've checked glasses holder, it's not that, and seems to be either coming from up behind the cheap cubby hole below the headlight switch, the door card or under the drivers seat. Anyone had / have similar and get it sorted?

Sounds like the same issue i had, sure that it`s not the seat height adjuster?