Whenever I wash my car, which is 4 times so far (yes i've had it 9 days, so what!?) I cut my hand. Never notice it until i've finished, but whatever it is slices right into my hand and leaves that flappy bit of skin that catches on everything and hurts like a M.F. Also, shuving it in a bucket of 'brake-dusty' water cant be good either.

No idea what is so sharp but i'm considering the fact I may have to stop washing it so often

My guess is youve stuck your hand into the wheels to clean inside of rim and cut your hand on the housing round the brake disc they are razor sharp??? Ive managed to do this a few times aswell

with my palm facing me, the top of my index finger and bottom of my little finger have been cut. I guess the housing around the brake disc is a possible culprit as the 'top' and 'bottom' of my hand could touch this while i'm washing my wheels.

Knew I should of gone for the 18's, less spokes, less sticking my hand in places it shouldnt be.

I'd love to wash yours Squirrelz, but the missus i's wingeing that i dont do hers, and the neighbours have been putting their orders in too. Once I'm back at work and driving 1000 miles a week, I'll quickly loose interest in cleaning. Right now though, I think Race Blue looks gorgeous when sparkling in the sunlight

Yes, my guess would be the brake disc backing plate. I do it with my MkII and usually only realise what I've done when I see the blood splatter on the wheel! Trapping hand between the wheel and the brake caliper doesn't cause bleeding but if sure hurts.

the first time i washed it i got my hand stuck and had a short moment of extreme panic, and decided to never go so deep again. Clearly i must be still going too deep if i keep causing an injury

From now on, I must only rub the surface, and keep my fingers out of the openings, no matter how tempting it is

Edit: We're still talking about cars, right?

Edited by Rob123
  • Like 1

Same thing for me - happened in two locations:

Disc brake area and chrome exhaust trip - on the underside somewhere.

I stay away now - using an alloy wheel cone brush (autoglym one) for the wheels and disc areas.