Yeti Ordered

lfc958

At the end of the day, they want to make money.

If you only use them then they'll happily sell you a car at list.

When I walked into Preston Motors four years ago as an unknown I took a printed quote from drive the deal and they got close enough to make it worth using the local dealer.  I've since introduced a few people to Preston Motors and they've all been very happy with the prices.

Three other dealers back then were sayng no discounts on any Yetis.

But what's done is done, what you want is for them to pull their finger out and get that car sold before your one arrives.

My concern would be that if the car isn't sold before your Yeti arrives do you have to pay for the Yeti outright?

If they let it drag on it makes you more keen to take a lower price, which I'd be concerned is the reason it's not yet up for sale...

Finance on the Yeti is already sorted & agreed, & it is less than 50% of the balance after deposit, so i will not be financially strained in any way, as I do not have children at home, we both work full time.

As i said a lesson learned & i have made my displeasure known personally yesterday which surprised them, me turning up in person.

I did ring preston before proceeding but the Lee man was off sick ( i hope he is recovering) and didnt follow up with the person who answered the phone. - Silly me  :blush:  :blush:

I suppose it's my fault as I have gone for extravagent extras [joke], such as heated screen and spare wheel. Being serious I think it as I have ordered an 2WD Diesel Yeti SE and not the Outdoor. It looks like they are having wheel supply issues. I think this has effected other models as well, as some members have been talking of change of standard wheels being supplied on other trim levels.

Colin

I am like you Colin ordered 140 diesel outdoor elegance with extravagant extras ,spare wheel ,towbar prep,and boring Silver metallic,ordered on 9th Jan from Rainworth,still waiting ,given advisory build date of week 20 if it stays at that Possibly get car second week of June unless it comes by slow boat from China........

Quoted 12 weeks on date of order

• 2 weeks later...

I Spoke to SUK on on 17th of April & got my order number from them & an update, they seem to come across as a lot more friendly as well as helpful, & was given specific info ( which was a lot more than my local dealer can do ).

Was told that the car arrived at Emden on Wed 16th, & its 'birthday' was Mon 14th, Spoke to them again on Friday & was advised that it was still there  :o , was advised if the car is still at Emden after 15 days , then it gets bumped to be transported immediately.

I had a look at expected arrivals at Grimsby using marinetraffic.com & a little investigation have seen that  Schelde & Neckar Highway are due in today from Emden, so am hoping the car is on one of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I Spoke to SUK on on 17th of April & got my order number from them & an update, they seem to come across as a lot more friendly as well as helpful, & was given specific info ( which was a lot more than my local dealer can do ).

Was told that the car arrived at Emden on Wed 16th, & its 'birthday' was Mon 14th, Spoke to them again on Friday & was advised that it was still there  :o , was advised if the car is still at Emden after 15 days , then it gets bumped to be transported immediately.

I had a look at expected arrivals at Grimsby using marinetraffic.com & a little investigation have seen that  Schelde & Neckar Highway are due in today from Emden, so am hoping the car is on one of these.

Has your beast arrived yet then?

Yes it is arrived at dealers this morning

post-1909-0-37612200-1399472852_thumb.jpg.

This is the best pic i dare take as it was dusty, & had build / delivery stickers on it

Just got back sorting free 7 day insurance, & hoping very much to have on Sat Morning.

So SWMBO will be happy to have Harry join Maddy

• Like 3

It's been at Prestons for a little while now, but work commitments are getting in the way of collection!

Sod work, I want the car  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I goto work every day, dont get a new car every day ( Unless you are mdk1 who sees & drives new cars every day)

• Like 1

Easier said than done, but I agree with you wholeheartedly!

Here are some pre-collection photos Prestons took for me :thumbup:

post-3659-0-92832300-1399478202_thumb.jpg

post-3659-0-57209700-1399478204_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Both look great! Jungle green does look very good :o

Some people think the L&K wheel are lover/hate - I personally really like them. Be sure to post more pics when bring her home ;)

• Like 1

I was unsure about the wheels as i thought there was more silver to the wheels as the brochure pics looked lighter.  

The dark between the spokes just tones down the brightness of them.

I will put pics of Harry & Maddie when Harry arrives ( SWMBO's names for the 2 new arrivals. )

• Like 1

Yeti ( Harry to SWMBO)

attachicon.gifHarry 1.jpg

attachicon.gifHarry 2.jpg

Toy - (Maddie to SWMBO)

attachicon.gifToy.jpg

attachicon.gifToy 2.jpg

Your yeti looks great Steve! So are you enjoying it? Thought you were picking it up tomorrow?

Loving the MX5, been looking for a great condition Mk1 for ages now. Like the mk2 but the first just has too much charm; maybe it's just the pop up lights though......... Probably the pop up lights. :p

Edited by SOULandPASSION

Yeti pickup IS today, & it will get an outing to the Meet :)

The MX5 is a MK2.5, (the comfortable 1)  it is in immaculate condition for a 12 yr old car, & fun to drive will be even more fun when the track rod end is done :0.

• Like 1