Exhaust Control System LIGHT VRS - JUST GOT IT HOME

Im pretty sick of communicating over the phone with both SUK and Gordon Lamb. I would also like to see my car after all these weeks! So I think Im going armed to Lamb's tomorrow, will ring them first to arrange a meeting and then if I get nothing or no progress is made at the meeting, Il just go further up the road to chesterfield to speak to them at their HQ. 

I was asked what the ultimate outcome I wanted was...and it got me thinking. 

1. I agree with philhoward's post above but I do love the car and even with a refund could end up with another duff with more problems or have to shell out more to find the same car with the same spec. SO I don't want to, if I can help it...return the car or get a refund. 

2. HOWEVER I can use the threat of returning the car to them, as this would cost them majorly having to resale at much lower cost due to my short ownership ect. 

3. I want some compensation for the entire experience, however Im not sure, as lambs suggested, that it should be coming from Skoda UK. Yes they messed up sending a faulty ECU which has resulted in me not having the car another 10 days minimum. Skoda UK have said twice over the phone and on record on my case, that they believe Gordon Lamb should be giving me a good will gesture for money off what I paid for the car. However Lambs have filed a complaint to SUK to compensate me for the ECU (you can probably tell how this is continuing to go round in circles between the two). 

4. Although I will be chasing Lamb's for money off and will speak to SUK case manager in the morning regarding this. I was suggested, by a friend, to get an extended warranty for at least all the work that has been carried out, if not the entire car warranty. Obviously I have the 1 year approved used warranty which will end in March 2015, however I feel I should at least try to get an extended warranty... seeing as there has been so much wrong with the car already after 2 months ownership. 

If people want to moan and tell me, 'what do I expect, they've given you a courtesy car and kept you mobile blah blah blah, I've already heard it from a couple of members before. However both SUK and Lamb's agree this is a joke and the entire situation has become completely ridiculous now! 

Members with suggestions on a resolution or how to go about any of the above points will be greatly welcomed! Otherwise Il go ahead as planned with calls and a visit tomorrow. 

You are getting too tied up between the Dealership you bought a car from and which you have Consumer Rights,

Sale of Goods etc.

&

a Manufacturer that you have a Manufacturers Warranty With.

You had best get in Contact with your Local Trading Standards & get the advice before being hasty.

The car is not Fit for Purpose, if the Dealer has to find another car, with or without Skoda UK's assistance,

that is their concern.

They got the car cheaper than you bought it for,

they should Repair it and sell it and let the Buyer know its Warranty History,

sadly Dealers & Skoda are letting Bad Cars float about the car trade.

all the best with it.

george

• Like 1

UPDATE and thanks goneoffSKi, 

Im trying not to mix up between the dealer and SUK and completely agree with you regarding who is liable to and entitled to do things...However it is awfully hard as the customer when they keep pointing the finger of blame and liability with one another. 

Not sure if this is how it really panned out but this is what I was told today after MUCH ringing between the two. 

SUK have given Gordon Lamb's general manager the authority to give me a good will gesture sum of money for all the hassle I have experienced since buying the car. They will not discuss with me the amount of money in question until the car is back on the road but have agreed it will be a discussion where I can have a say in what I believe Im entitled to if I do not agree with the offered amount. 

So now the wait goes on, 8-10 days now apparently waiting for the ECU, then once that has arrived I await the discussion. 

Thanks everyone for your useful input, suggestions and help. Will keep posting updates until the car is back with me and I have 'given' good will gesture. 

• Like 1

Finally!!! I HAVE THE CAR BACK! 

ECU replaced

Turbo Pipe replaced

G35 (I think) sensor replaced

DSG service recall carried out 

Parking sensor replaced

Rear Badge replaced

After 4 weeks (on this last trip) and an additional 2 weeks and 2 days (on other trips) in the dealer the car is fixed (fingers crossed). Forgot how much of a dream it is to drive! 

The dealer offered an additional 1 year approved used warranty, basically extending it to 2 years up until March 2016, as well as a free service in October. Thanks for everyones help on this topic and I hope no one else has quite the same nightmare experience! 

• Like 3

goneoffSKi, all is good! The dashboard is checked every second while driving and nothing. No light and the engine sounds a lot smoother. Done about 150 miles so far and loving it. Finally able to enjoy the car! 

I swapped my trinket tray with a fellow user's armrest as per another forum post, and managed to fit that in about 20 minutes last night. Looks the business. Just wondering what else I can do to it now! 

• Like 1

One last Favour please and for others information.

?? When it left the Dealership, new engine fitted,

Where is the Oil on the Dip Stick,   Cold Dip & Hot Dip??

This might help others, that have not checked after a Technician filled it.

goneoffSKi, all is good! The dashboard is checked every second while driving and nothing. No light and the engine sounds a lot smoother. Done about 150 miles so far and loving it. Finally able to enjoy the car! 

I swapped my trinket tray with a fellow user's armrest as per another forum post, and managed to fit that in about 20 minutes last night. Looks the business. Just wondering what else I can do to it now! 

Good to hear that you are up and running okay.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've only been keeping half an eye on this thread, as I haven't had the problem... until yesterday.

Situation: 3 workmates in car, only been driving about 2 minutes, not overnight cold but left for a few hours cold. Going 3/4 throttle uphill as passengers are urging me on (yes, I know), car doesn't seem to falter apart from having to work harder than normal because of the extra weight and uphill course. The exhaust light comes on, stays on for about a minute (as I haven't seen either before, I thought it was the oil warning light at first). On the way back to work an hour later, more sedate driving, no light. 30km after work normal driving, no light. 2x 45km trips a couple of house apart today, properly warmed up, then a few 4-5k rev-ups in the lower gears mainly, no light.

One-off glitch? Something to keep an eye on?

Edited by OzFabia