Fitting xenon (OEM) on an Octavia I.

I bought two xenon headlights in Germany and I'm looking to fit these on my 2002 Octavia 1,9 tdi.

BUT... I have heard that you would need new wiring to make it work? Is that true? I've also heard that this adapter should do it: 

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/skoda/octavia/octavia-1u/adapter-xenon-scheinwerfer-skoda-octavia-1u

Simply take out the existing headlights, and then fit the xenon headlight using the adapter and that will then using all the existing wiring.

I've attached a couple of photos so you know what I'm talking about.

Cheers.

post-115322-0-16757400-1395475807_thumb.jpg

post-115322-0-82114100-1395475809_thumb.jpg

If you do a quick search, there was many threads about this a couple of years back.

also, if you've bought the units from Germany, you'll have to get the converted to Right Hand Drive

As you live in Denmark, I would have thought light units would be correct, but the looms may cause issues with the ability to level and run dipped beam with full beam. Do you legally have to drive with drl's or dipped headlamps in daytime like the USA?.

As you live in Denmark, I would have thought light units would be correct, but the looms may cause issues with the ability to level and run dipped beam with full beam. Do you legally have to drive with drl's or dipped headlamps in daytime like the USA?.

We don't have to drive with dipped headlamps, og since they're bought in Germany, they will fit LHD (as we use in Denmark :)). So you guys believe that the adapter from kufatec will solve the issue?

I have OEM xenons on my octavia,I had to buy some adapter looms so they can work properly. The only bad thing is that I lost the leveling fuction but I am happy with them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using tapatalk!

Guest BigJase88

Yes those Kufatec looms work

I sold the xenon's and adaptors to group1rs from my octy vrs

Only issue with the adaptors is you lose the dipped xenon when you go to full beam.

There is a way around this by adding a wire to the headlight stalk but i never got around to it.

I just never used full beam as the xenons were good enough anyways

I am swapping my Golf from xenon to standard so used the wiring diagram in reverse to see what wires were needed and what could be cut and lost forever.

so i never looked at the location........ duh.

So I received the wires from Kufatec yesterday and all was good... Or so I thought... I tried fitting the wires today, but when I tried to insert the original wires into the adapter, they did not fit. :(

In the picture, the one in the top of the frame is the original socket that originally goes into the normal headlight - below that is the Xenon headlight adapter for Octavia 1U bought from kufatec - these two should fit directly into each other - am I right? .... But they don't ! :( Help is appreciated :)   

post-115322-0-88897900-1395909634_thumb.jpg

The other end of the kufatec adaptor plugs into the xenon headlights.

Can anyone be of assistance? Did kufatec simply send me the wrong looms? The plug in my halogens are 8 pin plugs, but the adapter I got from Kufatec is 10 pins on one end and 12 pins on the other?