57 plate fabia 3 1.4tdi

I have been looking for one of the above for a while now , they seem quite rare any common issues I should know about before going to have a look . Have searched the fabia 2 forum but did'nt find much .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Yeah, think it's the 3-pot diesel carried on from the Mk1 (Just like the 1.9PD TDI)

I would suggest just making sure that it has been taken care of with full service history etc etc.

John, make sure you go for the 80ps version. It's much cheaper on road tax at £30pa than the 70ps version which is £90pa (they don't do the 75ps version in the Mk2 Fabia). It also goes a hell of a lot faster with more torque too. It's more economical by far as well. I had one for 5 years and it was bullet proof. They get much quieter once past 10k miles. Good luck and come back to us once you get one and tell us what you think about it.

Thanks for the replies the ones I have seen have been £30 road tax . All sounds good  will get back and let you know when we get one .I haven't seen that many on autotrader or ebay take it the 3 is quite well specced looked at  1.4 sport liked the looks but not quite the same kit .

I like the maxidot ,cruise ,rear park sensors, arm rest electric windows front and rear and the alloys. I used to have the use of a works van up until recently but new job and can't use the van after work anymore . We have 4 dogs and my daughter just passed her test so 3 drivers and one car does'nt add up anymore .I was thinking wife and daughter can use the fabia and I will use octavia more often.Had the L&k for 4 yrs and like all the extras it comes with ,if skoda had fabia L&K I would be after one of those .

Sounds like youve got it well sussed :).

Maxidot - a guy on here called eddie-NL has retrofitted it for some people. Iv only ever heard of really good results and happy customers. I think he charges about £60 fitting, if you supply the unit. (Typically around £70 i think)

Parking sensors - these can be fitted my a dealer. They arent the same as the factory fitted ones as they dont use the radio display, and they use a little speaker in the boot, but it can be done never the less.

- genuine arm rest can be bought for £130 as a kit and fitted yourself. Apparently not too much of a job and doesnt take long. (This is next on my list)

- front electric windows are standard on all but the basic models. However rear isnt, and cant be retrofitted.

- alloys are also standard on all but the basic model (s). They get bigger and more fancy through the range though. You could of course fit these afterwards but at about £140 an alloy for the 16" elegance wheels excluding tyres, so is not always financially viable.

I know you wont be interested in all of the points above, but i atleast a few might help and broaden your choice of car

Well funny you should say that,  I was thinking see how we go with the hatchback then maybe next year look at a monte estate and see how I feel about letting the octavia go but it was hard to write that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a level 2 Tdi 3 pot and would highly recommend it, it pulls very well, yes PDs are a bit noisy but it ain't that bad especially when you just paid £30 for the road tax and visit the petrol station once a fortnight!!.

As said make sure you get the 80bhp version and enjoy