1.2 TSI timing chain.

Daveyeti

Thanks to this forum I successfully identified the start of timing chain problems on my 11 plate yeti 1.2 tsi dsg with 10k on the clock. Problem was identified by occasional rattle on cold start for 2 or 3 seconds. I took car in to Skoda Bradford on Saturday morning, they took car in there and then. Outcome , new timing chain and all associated other components replaced. I had the car back within 2 working days. Service was excellent, as are the posts on this forum. I've driven a couple of hundred miles since pick up last Tuesday and noticed that a very minor misfire on tick over has gone and fuel economy has improved slightly, great. Warranty expires end of March. Could have been expensive had I not read posts here! My confidence with the Yeti is unshaken. I continue to enjoy this great car.

• Like 3

Darn annoying to get a major issue when there is only 10,000miles on the clock, however it is pleasing to read of a good outcome for you and especially as you are unshaken as you continue to enjoy your Yeti!

• Like 1

But some dealers are just not interested...will tell you there is no problem, will take you to the end of the three year warranty and leave you with no alternative but to change if you don't want a horrendous bill

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm sure this is true. Advice is readily available from all the knowlegable folks on this forum. Evidence is always good when presenting an intermittent fault to your dealer as they may genuinely not witness the fault occurring. In my case I took a short video of my yeti on cold start which clearly demonstrated the fault and emailed this to the service manager at my dealership to help them identify and confirm the fault. Hope you get any issues you may be experiencing resolved soon.

Daveyeti....if this post is directed at me it is too late. Thanks for your concern but I am an ex Yeti owner.I visit occasionally to see if anyone has experienced anything similar.