Vrs TDI Flat Spots when accelerating!?!?!

Hi lads, as stated above, I have a 07 octavia vrs tdi and something really isn't right with it.

On acceleration through the revs there are various flat spots where there is no power that last maybe 500 rpm before the power kicks back in.....

The car was driving perfectly up until two days ago.

I had it scanned today and no faults showed up...

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks in advance

Could be fuel starvation, if it has just happened recently you may have got sh!tty diesel otherwise it will just gradually become apparent.

Check when filter was last changed and/or replace and see if this helps.

Of course it could be knacked camshaft and tappets.

I know of someone with an Audi that wasn't running right and diagnostics showed nothing, injectors were serviced/replaced at great cost but did nothing other than lighten wallet.

Further investigation revealed worn camshaft lobes and holed tappets!

Welcome to the "stuttering '07 PD170 vRS" club! Not a very catchy name I'll grant you but lots of members in it. My car gets a stutter too occasionally.

Yes, this is a common problem with this engine. There are tons of potential 'fixes' to try to help cure it but as far as I know no one has ever unequivocally identified the root cause.

Ah stop haha, I wouldn't mind, I planned on selling it!

To be more exact, last year I got a re-map put on it and it had these flat spots but less severe, so I got the re-map removed and it was fine again, and all of a sudden it was back the other day but 10x worse :(

By the way, I forgot to say that although it is a nuisance I don't worry about it too much. I don't think the root cause is some drastic mechanical failure because when it is working properly the car flies.

a very common fix and one which was the cause of mine doing this is a clogged up EGR valve. This will not bring up any fault codes when scanned so can sit there hiding even if you take it to garages etc. There are guides on here how to remove the egr valve and clean it. Other option is to have it mapped out so the egr valve no longer operates (who wants to send exhaust gasses back through their engine anyway?)

My car did run a lot better after I cleaned the intake pipe work after the intercooler, MAP sensor, EGR valve and intake manifold (inc. swirl flaps). The EGR and manifold cleaning was horrendously messy and used a ton of carb cleaner but my god it removed a lot of nasty black gunk (mix of vented crank case oil and recycled exhaust gas carbon). Car was much freer breathing thereafter and more power at the top end.

Story so far, had it plugged in in Skoda main dealer, and no faults came up... the mechanic predicted that it is possibly an issue with the actuator on my turbo, but to try clean out my air intake manifold first. If it comes to it, where can I get an actuator and any idea on the price? Cheers