2001 skoda fabia 1.4 mpi !

Bebitzu87

Hello guys ! Thanks admin for allowing me on this site!

Would like to say that I'm proud to own a skoda fabia 1.4mpi which I bought as a first car after recently passing the test! As a new driver I know absolute anything about mechanics but to spare some more quids for insurance I'm reading through articles and try to do ( where possible ) things myself .. I do have an issue with the mileage you get off a full tank (45litres) as I averaged about 270 miles , and there is a problem with the engine(or parts of it) as the yellow light came on board! I had a code read and was P0101 which states that is mass or volume air flow circuit performance ...zzz.. My mechanic said that is the map sensor that needs replacing! The car acts as I put petrol of a dodgy station and sometimes it stalls or lose power ! It happens to be in traffic with the pedal down to bottom and not get the revs above 2500rpm .. Can anyone clue me up before I book it in with the Mecanic?? Any advice would be much apreciated

• Like 1

Welcome to Briskoda.. as the your mechanic said its a problem most likely with the MAF- Mass Air Flow sensor.. could need to be cleaned or replaced.. but he will know about that. There may also be other guys that read this with more knowledge as to where on the forum you could look for answers.

Thanks for the reply! I kind of looked everywhere until decided to sign in and ask myself! From other posts I read that the Simpsons might be related to the clutch system as well ! I have ordered a new part off eBay and hopefully it will sort it out! Also what it happens if you got like half a litre of gearbox oil leaking out when I tried to change the reverse switch myself! I do have the oil to top up but need to use the car tonight and I'm just worried it may brake! Currently in work and can't get out there to fix it

Hi guys . Decided to book the car in the garage for Monday...the problems I'm getting is with the map sensor ,and a hell of a low mileage per tank!

Can anyone recommend me what else should do while the car is there to avoid making regular trips to the garage! I would mention that the car has only got 56k miles and recent service has been carried out!.thanks