Front wishbones 2011 update ?

According to Superpro, there was a 2011 update on the front wishbones to be the same as the Polo 6R. This apparently affects which is the correct bush kit for each vRS. Mine is an April 2011 so not really sure. I was told this:

To be sure, the if the rear bush on the front control arm is a part of the arm itself then KIT5336ADJK is correct. If the rear bush is mounted in the console bracket on the chassis then it will be the earlier KIT5229ADJK.

Not being familiar with those terms, how could I examine which one my car features? Any help greatly appreciated.

Problem is I've already ordered the pre 2011 kit, which is the only kit anybody sells for the MKII fabia so not my fault really. Actually If I hadn't seen that issue on the group buy last October I couldn't have known at all until I tried to fit them. Too bad I remembered about it a bit late. Even in Superpro's own website they only have one kit. I've tried to pause the command with the store I purchased from until I figure out what my car has but for the moment it seems I may have wasted my money on an incompatible kit.  :sweat:

Yep, a little bit of research through ELSAWin during the weekend and it seems the change took place end of 2008 rather than 2011 as Superpro claim. Which means Superpro have been selling wrong kits from 2009 to 2011, really surprised how this hasn't got more popular.

Here are the two cases:

Up to 11.2008 and after 11.2008:

post-76656-0-38041700-1396292803_thumb.png

post-76656-0-29972100-1396292848_thumb.png

• Like 2