Greenline II DRL's - Query...

Noticed the other day that the side lights are active in conjunction with the DRL's. (Activated side lights seem a bit pointless IMHO if the DRL's are already on).

This isn't the same as our Octy II 4x4, which has only the DRL's active (sides remain off unless selected on the light switch - which then extinguishes the DRL's).

Is the DRL's with sides on the correct setting for the Fabia, or can/should I have my dealer tweak (if possible) the settings to have the DRL's only active?

Cheers

Thanks bluecar1.

What I've got currently is....

Light switch in position 0 gives DRL's together with side lights (front), no lights rear.

Light switch turned into position =oo= gives side lights front/rear, NO DRL's.

Light switch turned into position =O  gives everything front/rear. (NO DRL's).

I'm confused as to why our Fabia has DRL's active together with (front) side lights, yet our Octavia has DRL's active ONLY (No front side lights working with DRL's) when the light switch is set to 0

Has my dealer set the wrong code, or is it standard on the Fabia for the DRL's to be on together with the side (front) lights?

The DRL's go off when the light switch is turned to either the side lights (=oo=) or low beam (=O) setting, as I would expect them to.

Edited by Rab-k

It is possible to play with VCDS and set the front 5W side lights to illuminate with DRL's. No idea why though.

The issue with this set-up is that it looks to those who still don't understand DRL's even more like you have your front fog lights on.

The dealer should be able to turn them off for you.

My Greenline II at Position '0' only have DRL's nothing else!, then when I switch to Sidelights, the DRL's go off and the Sides/Rears come on, then the next notch turns on the Dip/Projectors Pull once Front Fogs, Pull again Rear Fogs...

Edited by Simoneale1973

Given all your replies it appears that the dealer hasn't quite set it up correctly, for the front side lights are on continuously, irrespective of the light switch setting, which isn't as it should be.

I'll get them to sort it next time I'm passing.

Thanks all. :thumbup:

I had this on the Wifes 'Poverty Spec' Fabby when I fitted crap/cheap LED's in the sidelights, there was no bulb/Canbus warning, but the Sides were on constantly!! Even when the switch was in the off position (she has no DRL's btw!!), I replaced the original bulbs and the problem disappeared!! :)

Same here. My GL2 has only DRL's on alone. Once sidelights or dipped beam is on the DRL's are off. On some its worth checking in the fuse box. Apparently there is a switch you can turn off your DRL's seen it on a YouTube clip. Not had a chance to check mine as of yet. But don't like the yellow look. I changed my sidelight bulbs that are far brighter than most DRL's single Cree Led bulbs. If your interested I can send you a link. They are pricey but they are definitely worth it.