Bulb warning light comes on about 10 sec after start up even with lights of?

Did it randomly in traffic today, just came on, even though no lights on? Been doing it ever since! Dam these blummin skoda electrics!

It's not any of the rear lights, checked all four side light bulbs back there. Not number plate lights, nor DRLs, not brake light.. Head lights, indicators, spots,fogs, reverse or even glovebox light...

Any ideas? Is this a common fault? Bit annoying these silly things on an otherwise great car.

Thanks for any ideas...

Mike

How did you check the brake lights?? they have gone out by the time you get-out and reach the back of the car..LOL

Suggest give all bulbs and contact points a good clean.. 

• Like 1

The lights don't have to be on, the system measures the resistance of the lighting circuit. I had a similar problem and it was a bulb, which finally failed a few weeks later. I could also be caused by a bad connection.

Just been out now.. Reseated all rear light bulbs. All same, all matching brightness and fine.

Number plate lights fine.

High level Brake light, full cluster fine.

All indicators fine, rear, wing mirror ones and head lights.

Both (factory) xenons flash up fine.

DRLs, work and dim on side light.. Note no side light in headlight, but believe that's right? Always been like that.

Reverse lights fine.

I'm at a loss? What an annoying fault, bright orange bulb warning light

had this on mine on and off for months, turns out its finally a bulb thats failed for main rear driving lights... unless you physically remove them all and check its hard to see.. but even then the filament on the bulb could be on its way out and not giving quite the right resistance as it should... id give it a while and you will prob find a bulb has def gone

The blown bulb warning system measures resistance.

A bulb doesn't have to blow to register as a fault, a bulb on its way out will also be enough to trigger the system - so all in all its a great system.

Another reason to pay the £75 for Maxidot, it tells you exactly which bulb is flagging the error.

I had the same issue, it was the nearside brake light bulb, it was working fine, swapped the bulb, the error disappeared.

I'd pay £75 all day for maxi dot now.... But bit too late really as pretty sure the dealer won't supply :(

Hmm, so plugging it into computer will tell me though, least there is that!

I had an intermittent light and traced it to one of the rear lights. The bulb had a sort of bronze tint to the bulb but still worked although you could see the filament was damaged.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Cheers Mike. Only had one bulb go before and yes a message did appear in maxidot ( a rear right tail if I remember correctly) but this time I have no message and all bulbs are still working but orange bulb light comes on after about five minutes drive. Strange?

I get this every now and then

I got out and my lights could been seen then ignored it, I still do

it goes off pretty quickly taking it apart to change one is just weird

I must say the skoda warning system is ****ing pathetic

ive had a coolant temperature warning when the car was at -1 and not even started

no low pressure tyre warning when I had a slow puncture and it was at 18 psi

warning alarm for low tyre pressure after pushing it, all within pressures

the light one

its crap just ignore it and do regular pm

Thanks guys, so if I can't find the bulb at fault, plugging into diagnostics should tell me yeh?

Cheers

Mike

you must love getting the lights out at Christmas time :)

just check it lights up when the brakes are on, and then when lights are on

job done if ones dead who cares

Edited by moanthebairns

I have had a similar repeating bulb warning. When checked, all bulbs were lit.

When I removed my rear cluster's bulbs from the cluster, if I tapped the stop/tail, with it turned on, there was a tiny spark inside the bulb, the bulb went out, then came back on again. It seems the filament was failing, then (welding?) moving itself back together.

The bulb monitoring will capture this temporary fail, and the bulb failure warning stays on until you turn the ignition off/on, even though all bulbs appear ok.

Not suggesting you have a bad stop/tail, but this may explain what you're seeing.

Both my stop/tail bulbs eventually failed in this way.

Edited by CombatWombat

Thanks for that mate.. I'm really thinking it's the rear, but cannot see anything. Had them out, swapped bulbs around and no change. That said, not changed any bulbs... Perhaps should change them all...