1.2TSI ReMap questions ?

Has anyone had there 1.2 TSI engine re-mapped ?

What are the gains available from different mapping companies and what is the fuel consumption like compared to gains available ?

Oh, Did or have you informed your insurance company ( burning question )

Ade

If you make any changes to your car above factory fit options - it does state on the policy that you MUST tell them otherwise it will invalidate the policy & technically you have no Insurance.

They usually only really want to know if you make engine changes like remaps , / bigger turbos etc i.e performance ones, although technically swapping wheels should be advised as some members here have found issues when putting winter wheels on will affect insurance.

You take a risk not telling them of any mods & should you have an accient & they find the mod, the will immediately pull the plug on cover & you will be in even more doggy doo doos with the police.

My advise is shop around before doing this type of mod as i know my insurance company stopped accepting remaps from around 2005/6, if you already had it & renewed  it was still accepted.(

My MK1 fabia vRS was like this had it remapped in 2004, & when i heard they would not accept remaps & my renewal came through I spoke to them & they advised that as i was a current customer they were happy to continue to accept the car & me , but any new policy would fall under the 'no remap' rule.

Step 1. Don't tell them

Step 2. Don't crash

I joke of course. £17 is a bargain for the peace of mind, great news Ade. What company is that?

What the latest news on the lowering springs fitting. Thought they'd be on by now! ;-)

Sent using my right thumb

No springs yet Bill, prob be end of year now. Boooooooo !

Booked holiday to Turkey instead so no springs and it keeps the mrs happy. Bargain

No springs yet Bill, prob be end of year now. Boooooooo !

Booked holiday to Turkey instead so no springs and it keeps the mrs happy. Bargain

The Skoda springs should be available by then. My dealer has told me its lack of stock. I'm gonna wait for those ones I think....

Sent using my right thumb

LV

They told me they don't cover remaps!  :wonder: Maybe I should ring instead rather than getting an online quote... Would rather stick with them as I have for 2 years now.

My quote was over the phone. But I did get a full quote online just to see the difference and it came up with a shed load of upgrades and chip/ remapping of the computer was one of them.