I may have worked out why I'm not happy with the sound out of the Canton ...

I'm happy with my Canton even though my home stereo costs more than £30K

I do not listen to my car stereo the same way i do at home. I would most likely driven the the car off the road if i did.

Sorry but mine cost £31k and the cables £1600. It sounds great in my anechoic chamber which has been positioned at 48 degrees east for optimum resonance.

Actually, none of that is true, I'm not to be trusted. Well, this last sentence is true.

• Like 1

Having just completed the installation of the NASA tested and approved sound system from the space shuttle (a little over £16m) in my house, I am now really struggling to find a matching carpet.

• Like 4

Having just completed the installation of the NASA tested and approved sound system from the space shuttle (a little over £16m) in my house, I am now really struggling to find a matching carpet.

LPA%20-%20Sandra%20D%20Lecoq%20Penis%20C

• Like 1

I don't bother with a sound system, I get the bands to play in my listening room. Tonight I have Prince and 3RDEYEGIRL in there, keeping me away from The Voice final. They'll be gone before MOTD starts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't bother with a sound system, I get the bands to play in my listening room. Tonight I have Prince and 3RDEYEGIRL in there, keeping me away from The Voice final. They'll be gone before MOTD starts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not so sure you'll get rid of Prince that easy. He's an animal as well as a genius. He's due here around midnight though to sing nothing compares to you to me, my wife and our new improved NASA sound system bitchi kindly helped to develop. Hope he arrives, I've ordered chicken madras and everything. Still, if not, there's more for Beyoncé and Madonna.

For some reason I can't chose to 'like this' buy your posts are very funny.

To get back on topic: the Canton sound system - I don't think I could put up with Radio Four in Cantonese.

(I gave up listening to recorded music in my car.  The pick-up arm kept jumping, there wasn't room to point the horn in the right direction and I couldn't reach properly to wind it up while I was driving.) 

Edited by Stuarted

I covered 7500 km in total and my Canton sounds like when it was new.

Nothings changed so far.

I Always listen to music when I drive. Mostly house.

I'm happy with the amount of bass but I miss the really low frequencies (below ~70-80 Hz).

I can't imagine it will be better in low frequencies.

What do you think?

I've been testing this over the last few days and found that the state of the fuel tank has a big impact on the quality of the low frequencies. When full, the sound is much tighter and more lifelike. This explains why it sounds much better when you first get in the car. It must be the extra resonance of the empty space in the tank.

• Like 1

I'm happy with the amount of bass but I miss the really low frequencies (below ~70-80 Hz).

I can't imagine it will be better in low frequencies.

What do you think?

The subwoofer is only 6.5" so it has no chance of doing really low frequencies well, I plan to swap mine for an 8" initially (as I have one from my current car) may upgrade to a 10" at some point though :)

Standard system is very good once you adjust the bass mid and treble settings above what would usually be comfortable.

Mines nicely run in now and quite punchy but just lacks volume.

You probably want a 3 foot sub to go with that as well as it won't be that punchy, but might go down to about 20Hz nicely :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I did some work at Tannoy earlier in the year, got the chance to listen to a a pair of Kingdom Royals in their test\demo area, first time I've listened to speakers worth more than a car!!