Yet Another Unhappy Adiran Flux Customer

AndyGScout

Called Adrian Flux last week and took out a policy at an extremely good price. Told them that due to me living in the old fashioned back water of Jersey that I needed a Windscreen Insurance Disc (WID) - yes we still use those over here - and that I needed it ASAP as I was currently running two policies on the car as I couldn't cancel my old policy until having received my new WID.

Not a problem I was told, be out in the post today I was told.

I called on Friday and got told that apologies they would send another as it must have got lost. Well still nothing, today and told them that I had received all the policy paperwork but no WID. It was sent on the 2nd they said... That's nice but I still don't have it... Well it was sent sir... well that's OK then I'm sure that carrier pigeon must have got lost.

Can you send another one out by Royal Mail Special Delivery for guaranteed next day I ask, well we better check your address first sir as you may have given it to us wrong, I very much doubt that as I have received two promotional packs for home insurance from you before i have received the paperwork I actually need. Ok well next day delivery can be done but YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY EXTRA. Not acceptable I tell them, well there is nothing I can do if you want it next day you will need to pay. 

Meanwhile I'm paying for two policies on the car and am being told by my old Insurance company that my refund is declining by the day unless I can cancel ASAP.

From reading past posts I should have run a mile before considering AF but unfortunately I was struggling to find another company that would insure a modified car and provide windscreen insurance discs. 

If anyone knows of any please let me know as I will happily cancel my policy with AF before its properly begun and move even if I do have to take a penalty it would be worth it by just not having to deal with them

Now I know quite a lot of you might think well it is only Tuesday which I could potentially agree with but, if they can get me my policy documents the next day and two promotional letters why can't they get me the paperwork I actually need :wall:  :wall:

Ahhhh rant over. All that and I have been with them for less than a week!!!

Time for tea I thnk

A bit familiar. I've always been very happy with the insurance and services, including breakdown, provided by Adrian Flux, but they are terrible at actually getting things in the post. On my classic car policy I requested a valuation form no less than 4 times over the course of a month before one finally arrived in the post.  I had to make two separate complaints as on two occasions I rang up and after 'checking my notes' they had no record of my earlier requests.