Reset insp light on a Skoda Octavia 2 Facelift

I think you need to start with the ignition switched off and press in the mileage reset button. Hold the button in then switch on the ignition (without starting the car), release the button then turn it clockwise. I tried it but couldnt get it to reset mine.

Try it on yours to see if it works.

Someone may have another method that will work for me idea hopefully.

My car is a 2010 Octavia II FL 1.4 TSI. I found that the procedure described in the owner's manual didn't work but that the following alternative procedure, as found on other internet sites, did work:

- Ignition off

- Press and hold button within instrument cluster

- Ignition on

- Release button

- Press and release button another time

- Rotate button clockwise

- Ignition off

Regards,

WACH

Awesome thred i tried everything to reset my service indicator on a 2010 Octavia 1.6 TDI . I even purchased a model spec Code reader which would not reset the mileage indicator despite stating it had done so. It is now showing 9400 untill next service which is correct as i had gone 600 over the indiacated milage.

Thanks Mark

Edited by skaterboy

Awesome thred i tried everything to reset my service indicator on a 2010 Octavia 1.6 TDI . I even purchased a model spec Code reader which would not reset the mileage indicator despite stating it had done so. It is now showing 9400 untill next service which is correct as i had gone 600 over the indiacated milage.

Thanks Mark

9400 miles is correct figure as it equates to 15000 km / 12 month interval service. This procedure will take you off variable servicing if that is what your car was originally set up for.

Please tell me if the dashboard ford this procedure looks like in this pictures http://resetservicelight.com/reset-service-light-indicator-skoda-octavia-2/ hear is the same procedure that you have said it. My Skoda Octavia 2 FL the body lookls like all Octavia 2 FL but the dashboard is a little diferent.

I forgat to say i have steering wheel to and this procedure don't work for my car.