Pid unit

Mick 50

Hi all started having a problem with the pid unit on my car after I updated to latest software it just gave phone numbers no names so I deleted the phone and paired it again hey presto it's fixed but wait for the best bit it now reads my txts on my iPhone 5s .

The voice says you have a new txt message do want to accept it say yes and it reads to me . Brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a Garmin ,it reads the texts when they come through ,but I tried to open the txt folder and it said no files found so there must still issues lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anyone else having issues pairing ipod nano G5 to pid, ours won't work since last 2 updates, pid says connect, ipod says not and don't work

seems to think it is a phone not a media device

we have made sure both the ipod and pid are on the latest update

Edited by bluecar1

Oh dear sorry to here that :( .I don't get txt tone the horrible mans voice comes on and says you have a new message would like you like to accept it , I just say yes and it reads it out. I don't know what version it was as I don't have PC any more so will see what version it comes up with when I put in the car in the morning.:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

A question on what is the latest software version. Like Stormchaser, if my Navigon is plugged into my PC then through the Navigon Fresh software it says I have the latest software on my Navigon as 7.10.25.

Yet looking on the Navigon site, it appears there are a whole bunch of Navigon software upgrades to what they call Navigon Flow. See here: http://www.navigon.com/portal/uk/karten_services/upgrades/index.html

Unfortunately though these all appear to be paid upgrades - which seem expensive - but that said I am not even sure what Navigon device I have. The label on the bottom edge just says "Navigon 70/71 Premium Car". There is other writing but all too small to make out what it says.

Any ideas on this anyone?

Peter

There are apps which can do this for you anyway. I use one on my Andoid Nexus 5 called Text By Voice. It's free and can be set to launch automatically in the background according to set criteria - if it detects movement over a certain mph, or whenever there is a Bluetooth connection. When you receive a text it asks if you want to hear it and it lets you dictate a response. It also listens for a key phrase and lets you dictate a text message without having received one first.